4.88 gears and 33" tires??

jkmadness

I think 4.88 is ok......5.13 on a dana 30 the pinion gets too small if you are gonna be wheeling hard :twocents:

jkmadness

Don't forget that when you go to 35's,you will be sitting around 34" more or less,then look at the chart and decide what's more important ,DD vs more of a crawler

billybob990

I'm going to agree with overlander, my old tj had the four banger with 4:10's and 35's it didn't do great but it was drivable by all means. 4:56 would suit it better with 33's and 35's I rode in one with 4:88's with 35's and it was a little too much but different strokes for different folks

aaronstephen

I was recently given advice to regear to 5.13's instead of 4.88's. Any thoughts on this? What can I expect as far as performance changes with this setup compared to my current setup of 3.73's and 33" tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was recently given advice to regear to 5.13's instead of 4.88's. Any thoughts on this? What can I expect as far as performance changes with this setup compared to my current setup of 3.73's and 33" tires?

i cant give you any advise as i have not regeared yet but from what i was told by the shop that may do my gears is that 4.88 is perfect for 35's and the 3.8 BUT if you ever think you will go to 37's do 5.13.

seanb123

5.13 is way to deep for 33. In performance the higher you go the more low end torque you will get but less highway speed. For 33 4.56 is a better guess. 4.88 max if you want to go to 35s eventually.

Top Bottom