need your opinion- RE 4.5" \ RC 4"

DWRAN

Hey guys how you all doin'?

I need your quick opinion about those two kits.
both with 8 arms, the RC with all 8 adj- the RE only the top arms.
what your opinion about each? what kit is more soft? (spring-wise)
strength of materials? the chosen shocks of foxs.

peace.
Ran

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
no, because EVO is not available over here...:\
only those two....

2 questions:

1. where is over here? you can always have EVO ship you stuff.

2. in your first thread you started eddie mentioned to you that just bigger tires alone will help with your breakover angle. so why are you set on going back to 4"+ for a lift when you really only need 2.5-3 for the 35's you plan on running?

Benito

Caught the Bug
He didn't ask for additional alternatives to lifts he is asking about two lifts specifically. And as Eddie always mentions, you can take or leave his advice. Maybe OP likes the old school look of monster lift.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
He didn't ask for additional alternatives to lifts he is asking about two lifts specifically. And as Eddie always mentions, you can take or leave his advice. Maybe OP likes the old school look of monster lift.

wasnt going to offer a different lift. was just curious as to why he wants to go so high. and for the price of both of these kits he can go lower while saving some money for other mods. :yup:

Benito

Caught the Bug
wasnt going to offer a different lift. was just curious as to why he wants to go so high. and for the price of both of these kits he can go lower while saving some money for other mods. :yup:

Let me clarify.

Have looked at the EVO Double D?

He didn't ask for additional alternatives to lifts he is asking about two lifts specifically

2. in your first thread you started eddie mentioned to you that just bigger tires alone will help with your breakover angle. so why are you set on going back to 4"+ for a lift when you really only need 2.5-3 for the 35's you plan on running?

As Eddie always mentions, you can take or leave his advice. Maybe OP likes the old school look of monster lift.

DWRAN

Hey guys.
Over here is in Israel.
The reason for 4" is that maybe i'll want to go bigger tires some day. and it's not a bad thing to run 35" on 4" lift:)
those two are available for me right now...

So, do you have experience with those kits?

Take it easy guys:)
Ran

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey guys.
Over here is in Israel.
The reason for 4" is that maybe i'll want to go bigger tires some day. and it's not a bad thing to run 35" on 4" lift:)
those two are available for me right now...

So, do you have experience with those kits?

Take it easy guys:)
Ran

i dont have experience with either kit, sorry. i have heard though that they both are pretty soft springs and will sag a lot in a very short time.

Millerj87

I think obviously cozdude and cpowill would have givin him pointers and tips if they ran the kits he's talkin bout.. Also feel like they were trying to steer him in a direction that could help him build quicker no need to get all fired up man. 2 cents is 2 cent no matter where it comes from take it or leave it

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

bl17z90

peace.
Ran

RC being rock krawler? If it is Rock Krawler than I'm sure the parts and materials are quality.

At that height you want to have to have the one that has all 8 arms instead of the one that just has the uppers. The reason why is because at 4' of lift you need atleast rear uppers and front lowers. So if I had to choose one I would pick the one that would address those 2 issues. The half an inch isn't going to make too much difference in height.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

peace.
Ran

The RC kit is very affordable and comes pretty complete but, the quality of their kits are sub-standard. Their track bar relocation brackets will cause your factory mount to tear off the frame, I have seen this happen on more than one occasion. Regarding the RE kit, is it safe to assume you are looking at their short arm kit? If so, 4.5" is A LOT of lift and one that would benefit from having adjustable lower control arms. The quality of the kit is better than RC though. Fox shocks are pricey but nice.

miguel250r

I have a rough country 4" lift on stock rubi tires Cuz I can't afford tires yet but I bought it Cuz of the price I got a 4" lift with shocks for the price of most 3" lifts without shocks and I can eventually run 37s even if the springs sag I didn't purchase the control arms tho just have the cam bolts kinda regret that tho 1377180323616.jpg 1377180336220.jpg

jeepin on a budget

bl17z90

Oh, I would never buy a Rough Country product for my Jeep, they are cheaper because they are made cheaper.

I know a guy who put a 3.5' RC kit on his JKU and he has sagged so much that my AEV 2.5 is sitting higher. But then again I think the AEV kit might be a little over 2.5

Devallee

I'm running the RE 3.5" short arm sitting on 35's. Pics are of how it sits the day I got the lift vs how it sits today (notice the stock fenders vs cut fenders) it's sagged at least an inch to sit at about 2.5" over the past 3 years but I actually like it better now than I did when I got it. No real complaints besides it being a pretty stiff ride (my setup is anyways) just so you know. Not sure if that's what you're looking for or not. I have no experience with the RC setup. Happy shopping! :thumbup:

Edit: sorry if its hard to tell the difference with these pics, they're the best I have at the moment

Sent from my SGH-T989 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1377202706277.jpg
    1377202706277.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1377202751843.jpg
    1377202751843.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Top Bottom