12 JKU Rubi questions...

cdl

I've finally decided to get a 12 JKU Rubi. I'm going with the automatic trans. The one thing that I'm not sure about is, which factory rear gears to get. I would like some input from you guys. Thank you in advance. My apologies if this is a dumb question.

CDL

KernHydro

I've finally decided to get a 12 JKU Rubi. I'm going with the automatic trans. The one thing that I'm not sure about is, which factory rear gears to get. I would like some input from you guys. Thank you in advance. My apologies if this is a dumb question.

CDL
4:10s is whats standard on most the rubicon's and thats what you want; with that you can easily run up to 35s. Check the sticker on the ones you like it will say the ratio. And you say "what rear gears" like it can be different from the front diff but it doesn't work that way on a 4wd vehicle the front will be the same. They call it rear gears on the website because there are 2wd wranglers :naw: but rubi's are 4 wheel only.

Last edited:

nacho

4:10s is whats standard on most the rubicon's and thats what you want; with that you can easily run up to 35s. Check the sticker on the ones you like it will say the ratio. And you say "what rear gears" like it can be different from the front diff but it doesn't work that way on a 4wd vehicle the front will be the same. They call it rear gears on the website because there are 2wd wranglers :naw: but rubi's are 4 wheel only.

2012 auto, you have to option 4:10 gears. At least when I ordered mine. Manual comes standard with 4:10s

kaptkrappy

CDL

You know the old saying, "There are no dumb questions" it definetly applies to Jeeps. You should ask first and this forum is a good place to do it. Not your Jeep salesmen, they probably know less about the product they are selling than you (usually true).

Like Kern said, 4:10 is the option to go with if you are going to mod for off roading. You will probably end up with larger tires and the gears will help. I have 3:73s but it's my daily driver and I'm sticking with 32 inch tires and I can still take mine off road once in a while and hang with most of the guys (and girls). I tell my self I'm getting a little better mpg's than the JK's with 4:10's and big tires, but that's probably only a little true.
Decide first what you are going to do with your JKU, then buy/option it the way that will suit your needs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

CDL

i would definitely get it with the 4.10 especially if you think you might be running bigger tires in the future. we are currently running 37's on our 12 with 4.10 gears and don't feel the need to regear.

KernHydro

hmm I wonder why they call it rear gears then? Maybe "rear gears" is a generic term in the bulder app because of the models that have 4x2 like the liberity.:hmm:

Top Bottom