JK front axle clips

Smokumace

Can you put full circle C clips on a Dana 44 without welding caps or replacing the whole axle shaft basically can I upgrade my stock axle clips to full circle clips?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not unless you grind down your yokes to accept them and really, I don't know how much I would recommend that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
35" Tires don't cause a problem with the stock clips?

It's not so much the tire size but rather, time and use. Over time, the bearing caps will start to loosen up and rotate. When this happens, the factory c-clips can pry themselves off. Once this happens, there's nothing left to hold the caps in place and you will suffer a shaft break at the u-joint. A very common problem. Full circle clips will help prevent this from happening.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks looking for my next upgrade

Pretty much all chromoly shafts come with beefier yokes that allow for full circle clips but not all come with them. If you order up a set, just make sure that they do come with them and you'll be good to go.

Rebel JK

Thanks to some handy advice from paisano and eddy i tacked my caps a couple weeks ago. Cheap and easy insurance until i upgrade to chromoly's.

Beyrgut

So for us non welders, looking for a similar "temp" fix would a properly prepped/cleaned application of say JB Weld be good.

Rebel JK

So for us non welders, looking for a similar "temp" fix would a properly prepped/cleaned application of say JB Weld be good.

There has to be a fellow jeeper near by that can help you out. It's surprising what you can get for an icy 12 pack! LOL

Pushrod

Just a side note for you guys that tack the caps in place. Be sure the ground clamp of the welder is on the same side of the u-joint as the cap so the welding current doesn't go through the needle bearings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a side note for you guys that tack the caps in place. Be sure the ground clamp of the welder is on the same side of the u-joint as the cap so the welding current doesn't go through the needle bearings.

This ^^ :D

Top Bottom