Traction control light

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I'm driving in the rain to the shop so I can make sure my alignment is still in. My steering wheel was extremely off center. About thirty seconds out from the place my traction control light comes on. Any idea what would cause this or how to fix it? I did just have my gussets welded on on Monday

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if your steering wheel is off center, that's your problem right there. Your computer thinks that you are in a slide and it's trying to correct for it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well, if your steering wheel is off center, that's your problem right there. Your computer thinks that you are in a slide and it's trying to correct for it.

Well it's centered now. Shouldn't take long for the computer to realize this I'm assuming. Thanks for confirming this Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's centered now. Shouldn't take long for the computer to realize this I'm assuming. Thanks for confirming this Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone

Drive it for a while and it should go away if everything is good now. Or, disconnect your neg battery lead for about 20 min. That'll do it too.

Smokumace

I had to over air my tires make sure they where even and drive about 100 feet and that kicked my light off. I read this tip on a forum when nothing else was working.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thanks for all the responses everyone! yes it did go off ten mins into my drive this weekend.

another question that kind of goes along with this. so i had it straightened thursday and first thing saturday morning before i even hit the trails i hit a little bump and it was off center again. later that day im on my way home hit another bump and its straight again. what would cause my steering wheel to keep going off center like that then back in line? did the shop that did my alignment over torque something to cause this to happen multiple times? do i just need a new tie rod?

StrizzyChris

Is the steering "pulling" after the bumps or just the wheel going off center? If its pulling, and your running and aftermarket SS, then the steering stabilizer may not be securely attached to the tie rod. If its only the wheel going off center then I have no clue and something doesn't sound right :thinking:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is the steering "pulling" after the bumps or just the wheel going off center? If its pulling, and your running and aftermarket SS, then the steering stabilizer may not be securely attached to the tie rod. If its only the wheel going off center then I have no clue and something doesn't sound right :thinking:

im running the stock SS. its only the wheel going off center. it has me worried the guy that did my alignment F'd something up. took him almost an hour to do it the first time where it only took 20-30 mins in the past.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thanks for all the responses everyone! yes it did go off ten mins into my drive this weekend.

another question that kind of goes along with this. so i had it straightened thursday and first thing saturday morning before i even hit the trails i hit a little bump and it was off center again. later that day im on my way home hit another bump and its straight again. what would cause my steering wheel to keep going off center like that then back in line? did the shop that did my alignment over torque something to cause this to happen multiple times? do i just need a new tie rod?

im running the stock SS. its only the wheel going off center. it has me worried the guy that did my alignment F'd something up. took him almost an hour to do it the first time where it only took 20-30 mins in the past.

anyone?

bump

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Like strizzy said,something is not right there,it shouldn't be center and then off center and then back to center like that....are the threads on the adjusting clamp ok ?

(my lack off knowledge is about to show) where is the adjucting clamp located so i can take a look

Top Bottom