HID Headlight / Fog Light Problems

JeepGuy0486

I have a 2013 Wrangler and about three weeks ago I put HID Foglight/Headlight bulbs in - I purchased them from simplyhidkits.com - I have had a problems with my drivers side fog light recently not wanting to work.. It does a quick flash and stays off.. Once in a while it will stay on and work fine.. I believe the kit came with a capacitor and it's installed... Any tips? Or tricks?

Devallee

I'm assuming the fog HIDs run with ballasts like the headlights do? (I'm not sure I've never run HID fogs) but if so, I would try to switch the ballasts. If the problem follows the ballast it's a bad ballast. If not its probably a bad bulb. But before you do anything, double check all of the wires and connections to make sure everything is connected correctly and securely :thumb:

Devallee

I had the same problem and it was just a bad connection. The light would go out everytime I hit a bump. I zip tied the connections super tight and haven't had a problem since

chris riverside

I have hid fog/head and mine did the same thing and had to get a module that connected with the Ballas and light bulb they were 10$ a pair so I bought them for all my cars

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

By the way..if it doesn't work or for some reason the company does not want to replace a broken part (I've had that problem with HID companies) and you end up having to pay to fix it yourself, check out Rebel Offroads HID setup. I'm running theirs now and I had a problem a while back and they couldn't figure it out so they actually brought out the guy that manufactures the lights to check it out. He fixed it free of charge and they've worked perfectly since. That's of course if your budget doesn't allow for some Truck Lites..if so toss the HIDs and get those haha

Devallee

I was thinking of the truck lites .. Are they that good?

I'm sure anybody on here running them (I'm not) can chime in but I've heard absolutely nothing but great things about them over any other jeep headlight on the market. I think any jeep owner would upgrade to them, budget permitting (my budget doesn't haha)

Top Bottom