Whats the next best exhaust?

matt08jk

I have seen the recommendations about the Dynomax Evolution but am wondering what everybody's second (or first) choice may be. I have a 2-door and would like a setup designed for it but I dont mind cutting. I have also read some states won't pass your exhaust for inspection if it dumps before the axle?

Skid_Kid

I have seen the recommendations about the Dynomax Evolution but am wondering what everybody's second (or first) choice may be. I have a 2-door and would like a setup designed for it but I dont mind cutting. I have also read some states won't pass your exhaust for inspection if it dumps before the axle?

For information on what your state laws are for modified off road vehicles try going to www.liftlaws.com

The Evolution only needs to be cut for a two door like yours and the instructions tell you just what you do. When choosing an exhaust your going to want to factor in flex if you run a pipe that exits the rear of your rig.

FoxC

Take a look at AFE as another option. I've been running it with the exhaust dumping behind the axle. Just didnt like the idea of it dumping under the back seats. It also tucks up in between the frame a little better. Zero issues at full flex.

tlminh

Take a look at AFE as another option. I've been running it with the exhaust dumping behind the axle. Just didnt like the idea of it dumping under the back seats. It also tucks up in between the frame a little better. Zero issues at full flex.

did you get the axle back or the cat back? Any input about the differences?

FoxC

did you get the axle back or the cat back? Any input about the differences?

Cat back version. It 's the High Tuck RB. The difference is the axle back keeps the resonator in the stock position. Cat back moves the resonator up between the frame and rear driveshaft right behind the transfer case skid.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have the banks monster exhaust and like it a lot. It keeps the factory resonator and sits where the old muffle was but is only about a third of the size.

I had the dynomax and did not like it. But they have good customer serve and gave me a full refund and paid return shipping etc.

RUMMY

Cherry bomb is the best Jeep muffler ever !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

matt08jk

Cool, thanks for all the input everybody. Im thinking about the Banks or maybe just going with the evolution comp anyway.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Got a chance to take a pic today.
exhaust.jpg

The bottom of the exhaust is pretty much even with the bottom of the rear bumper.

jk12blk

x2 for flowmaster. Local exhaust shop installed for $140 out the door. It dumps out just over the rear axle (nice elbow bend over the rear axle for clearance). Sounds good too.

Top Bottom