Air bag warning light

Alan30

I was at Rausch Creek yesterday and at some point early in the day my air bag warning light came on. I had deflated my tires and hadn't hit anything too hard at the time I realized it was on. At the end of the day I pressed up my tires, the tire warning light cleared and so did my air bag light. As I continued to drive the air bag light came in and cleared another 3 times. By time I was on the highway heading home and for the rest of my trip no lights. Anyone have this happen to them or ideas. I read about the clockspring on the forum already. Any thoughts??????:idontknow:

txjeeplover

"I read about the clockspring on the forum already."

There's your answer. A failing JK clockspring will light the airbag MIL intermittently and in some cases, cause the horn or other steering wheel electrical functions to work improperly. I bought a new clockspring on ebay and installed it in my garage in about 45 mins.

Alan30

"I read about the clockspring on the forum already."

There's your answer. A failing JK clockspring will light the airbag MIL intermittently and in some cases, cause the horn or other steering wheel electrical functions to work improperly. I bought a new clockspring on ebay and installed it in my garage in about 45 mins.

If it happens again i'll just take it to the dealer, I've only had it since the end of June, thanks:thumb:. I guess I am just seeing if has to due with any other sensors with the air bag system

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Clock spring. If it is out of warranty and you talk real nice to Chrysler, they will replace it on their dime.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom