Cut fenders

Millerj87

If you cut your fenders and put door trim on them how did you get the trim to stay on?

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

JT2012Jk

The trim has an adhesive in it. I also used one of my wife's old hair dryers to heat it while applying it. Making it more pliable and helping the adhesive warm up. Works pretty good.

JT

Don't Tread On Me!!!

there is glue inside of the trim. just make sure you press it on firmly. you can also use a bit of superglue on the corner areas if you wish.

andrew-

The trim I used had glue in it also but I hit it with a pressure washer once and some of it came off so I put some super glue in it after and now it's perfect

matt08jk

Make sure you really sand down the cut edges. I used a fiberglass cutting wheel which melted the plastic and left little rough parts every so often. This caused enough space under the door trim for air to get in there at interstate speeds and part of the edging came off going down the highway. Just sand the edges smooth and the adhesive will stick great!

LadyJeeper

Weird, my door trim didn't have adhesive! I feel left out! :crazyeyes:

My door trim stays on just fine even without adhesive. It was pretty snug. I've ripped it off a few times on the trail when I crushed my flares, but I just put it back on and went on my way! :thumb:

JOHNH

No door trim needed. Take the time and sand the edge properly. Less headaches down the road. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Millerj87

Nice thanks guys and lady's that's what I was lookin for and thanks for the quick responses!! :)

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Top Bottom