shake in front end when going around 50 mph

miltjef

I had my 2010 wrangler unlimited into the steelership last week and they replaced two front u joints. A few days later I was out for a drive and I noticed that whenever I got up to around 50 mph the front would shake. it wasn't bad enough to cause me to panic and it seemed to stop when I got up to around 55 mph. I'm pretty sure this wasn't going on before I had it in for service. Could the service that I had cause this issue?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speed related shakes is almost always a tire balancing problem. Did your dealership do a rotation while you we're there?

miltjef

I didn't request a tire rotation but at the same time they also checked and cleaned all my breaks so they would have removed all the tires. I will take it in and have the tires balanced.

Thanks.

Pushrod

Speed related shakes is almost always a tire balancing problem. Did your dealership do a rotation while you we're there?

Wheel balance was also my thought. If you can feel it at the same speed and speed up over the vib or slow down and it quits it is a tire balance problem. You may have slung a balancing weight off the wheel. If you chunk a tire (knock a chunk out) off road rock crawling your tire will get out of balance too.

Top Bottom