Steering Stabilizer question

tonywjk

I want to replace mine and see there are many, many choices. I have a sport and want to replace it but not spend a ton $$. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Atch

I want to replace mine and see there are many, many choices. I have a sport and want to replace it but not spend a ton $$. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

I'd just stick with the stock SS. The aftermarket SS are eye candy and sometimes will cause your jeep to pull one way or the other.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I haven't had my SS on for a few months now...but when I get around to putting it back on...I'll go with...wait for it...wait for it...the stock one! :cheesy:

jesse3638

Hooked
I have the rough country with the brackets to move it up and out of the way. The only reason I got this in is because it was cheaper than stock with the brackets. Didn't really notice any difference.

phuggit

I installed a Synergy relocation kit because the stock SS location was just asking to kiss every obstacle I went over. I retained the OEM stabilizer by pressing out the OEM bushings and installing 1/2" urethane bushings to accept the Synergy hardware. The most $$$$ part of the modification would have been an aftermarket SS, so I was able to do the entire install for about $120. uploadfromtaptalk1377658745622.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1377658772643.jpg

Froggystyle approved communication device

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you can't go wrong with the factory SS especially if you get one made for a 2010 and up JK. No need to waste your money on anything else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know this in case I trash another one on the rocks, it's flipped now though so hopefully it'll be safe for awhile:thumbup:

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

You ought to be good now. And, truth be told, I don't even know if they sell the old style SS anymore.

Top Bottom