engine heat

JK1

I recently went wheeling in CO and had a issue with my VIAIR OBA( this is the one that mounts on the brake booster braket) kicking out from over heating after filling 4 35" tires from 12 to 26. I know the engine compartment was warm because when i plugged in my hose the compressor was already hot as crap. I only use it for tires so it being hot before i started filling pry didnt help.... So what I'm wondering is should i put a PSC hood Louver on to get more of the heat out?? I have went to 37's now and I am worried about getting them filled at the end of the day... Also thought about mounting a Co2 tank and just use the OBA as a back up.:idontknow:

steve_r2

I recently went wheeling in CO and had a issue with my VIAIR OBA( this is the one that mounts on the brake booster braket) kicking out from over heating after filling 4 35" tires from 12 to 26. I know the engine compartment was warm because when i plugged in my hose the compressor was already hot as crap. I only use it for tires so it being hot before i started filling pry didnt help.... So what I'm wondering is should i put a PSC hood Louver on to get more of the heat out?? I have went to 37's now and I am worried about getting them filled at the end of the day... Also thought about mounting a Co2 tank and just use the OBA as a back up.:idontknow:

Hi there,
Well I live in Dubai so know how hot under hood temps get.
So I got the PSC Louvres. Now without any scientific/ heat readings and going only by judgment I'm damn sure that things are a lot cooler whilst running and my A/C is running far better. When stopped heat soak is far quicker to dissipate......like I said no numbers etc to prove just seat of pants !
After all that they still look cool as even if the heat loss is minimal :thumb:

Top Bottom