Bestop stretch!

UpsideUp

Alright guys. I bought a safari top for the Jeep this summer and have been super happy with it up until now. Took it on a trip, and during my return, the wind was pretty bad.
It caused the top to stretch like a pair of worn blue jeans before laundry day!
It sags I'm the driver compartment when parked so bad its just a couple of inches above my head. This causes a balloon effect in the front and suction down in the rear when driving. Not to mention the flapping sound in the wind!
Now. Before the posts of "tighten the straps!" start showing up (lol)..I have it as tight as I can make it with the straps provided.
Is there any advice someone might have to making these tops as tight and sexy as a bikini should be or is this the nature of this style of top??
All help welcomed and appreciated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beyrgut

Does that one have the same spring setup as the NX, if so try moving the spring to a different hole?
stole someone elses pic to explain
IMG_4180.JPG
IMG_4182.JPG

UpsideUp

No..no springs with the "Safari" version. Just the overhead channel with snaps and the provided straps.
But I can see the benefit of the springs for sure.

Rob

Maybe throw it in the fridge for a couple hours to shrink it back down? Could also get some wood or metal and make some bows to hold it up.

Woody3

There is a company that sells an aluminum strip that is arched. It runs between the driver and passenger roll bar. It keeps the tops snug and greatly reduces wind flap.

I cannot recall the co name or the product name. Sorry...

Maybe this will ring a bell with someone and they will chime in.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is a company that sells an aluminum strip that is arched. It runs between the driver and passenger roll bar. It keeps the tops snug and greatly reduces wind flap.

I cannot recall the co name or the product name. Sorry...

Maybe this will ring a bell with someone and they will chime in.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

The trektops come with that bar.

UpsideUp

Thanks for your help guys. I will look into the cross bar idea. Pretty frustrating to have it look so great at first to almost junk in one trip. Oh well...lesson learned I guess.

Top Bottom