What years do my hard tops fit

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I have a 10 2door hard top and a 07 4door hard top. What years will they fit. I have possible buyers for both and they want to know if they will fit.

simon

10 jk rubi 3.5" rc lift, black rocks, 35 bfg at, skyjacker dual steering, cherrybomb exhast, jks front track bar, cut flares.

07 jkur 4" skyjacker lift, mopar offroad bumpers, 1350 driveshafts, gear alloy rims, 35 toyos, warn winch, hids, mopar steps, skyjacker dual steering, skyjacker axle reinforcments, c gussets, mopar cold air intake, cherrybomb exhaust.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ok that is what I thought. But he told me they didn't. They both have 08s.

simon

10 jk rubi 3.5" rc lift, black rocks, 35 bfg at, skyjacker dual steering, cherrybomb exhast, jks front track bar, cut flares.

07 jkur 4" skyjacker lift, mopar offroad bumpers, 1350 driveshafts, gear alloy rims, 35 toyos, warn winch, hids, mopar steps, skyjacker dual steering, skyjacker axle reinforcments, c gussets, mopar cold air intake, cherrybomb exhaust.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All hard tops work with all year JK's. Trust me, I've sold my 07 to a guy with a 12 and sold my 12 to a guy with a 10. They all work. On 12's and newer, there is a seating peg on the edge that helps you to align it on the body that'll need to be removed but, that's about it.

StrizzyChris

The only thing you can't do is mix and match different year soft top parts. For example a rear zip in window from an 07 won't fit into a 2012 soft top. Keep all the parts from the same year, and it can then go on any year of JK

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Thanks y'all.

simon

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The only thing you can't do is mix and match different year soft top parts. For example a rear zip in window from an 07 won't fit into a 2012 soft top. Keep all the parts from the same year, and it can then go on any year of JK

This is not true. I did this with my old soft top.

StrizzyChris

This is not true. I did this with my old soft top.

I would like to know which part isn't true? Tried to put an 11 rear window into an 07 top and it wouldn't fit. I put a 10 top on my 07 with no problems with all the 2010 parts. Not saying that a 08 window wouldn't work in an 07....but mixing and matching top fabrics with other years windows and/or other years channels is asking for issues.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I think he was talking about tops. The only thing that doesn't work together is interchanging the rear windows. 07 to 10 were smaller. 11 and up are bigger.

simon

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would like to know which part isn't true? Tried to put an 11 rear window into an 07 top and it wouldn't fit. I put a 10 top on my 07 with no problems with all the 2010 parts. Not saying that a 08 window wouldn't work in an 07....but mixing and matching top fabrics with other years windows and/or other years channels is asking for issues.

'12 top with '07 windows fit.

Peej

I have a 2009 soft top I bought for my 2008, then traded the 08 for an 11. They changed the windshield header in 2010 and it won't seal at the wind shield on the 11,every thing else fits fine.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

I have a 2009 soft top I bought for my 2008, then traded the 08 for an 11. They changed the windshield header in 2010 and it won't seal at the wind shield on the 11,every thing else fits fine.

Everything wasnt the same and didnt work perfectly? :eek: :idontknow:

JAGS

Hooked

I believe you can purchase a new header bar that is compatible. Did you look into that? Could be wrong.

jims68

front panels

The front panels are not interchangeable I think between 07, 08 and the 09's and newer unless a couple of things are changed to the attachment on the windshield. Also the panels themselves can not be mixed between those years either. the center latches are different. Don't quote me on the year split but when I bought my used top I think that is what the salvage guy came up with.

Peej

I was pretty surprised myself that it would not fit. I don't want to change the header every time I put on the soft top, so ill probably sell this one and buy a trek top NX. Soooo..... If anyone's interested in a top that will fit 09 and OLDER 500.00 gets it.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think the guy thinks it wont fit the 12+ because the 12+ tops are different, but different in features, not fitment. The window is larger on the 12+ but the overall shape is exactly the same and will fit.

Zstairlessone

I can't use my freedom panels from my 10 in my 08. The front latch is different - the 08 attaches to the passenger side panel and the 10 attaches to the (moved by the factory as built) footman loop. They are physically the same size, but...

There is a factory upgrade available that was used to get rid of leakage and extreme wind noise that replaces the 09 (some) and older panels while moving the loop to the left a little bit to allow the newer style panels to fit.

So the short answer is, yes the top will fit any year JK, but to use the freedom panels you may have to do some slight modification. Also, I can't say any of this is true for an Unlimited as both of mine are two doors.

Top Bottom