AZ Trails

JKLandon

Does anyone know of any trails in Arizona that I can run stock? I just wanna do something with the new jeep but not sure where to go!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know of any trails in Arizona that I can run stock? I just wanna do something with the new jeep but not sure where to go!

anything in sedona can be done in a stock jeep. out by bullhead city, there are some fun trails that can be run stock too like the backway to oatman. charles wells has a good book on az trails and i would recommend you pick up a copy :cool:

JKLandon

Ill have to do that! I recently ordered some mirror relocation brackets so the doors are coming off and I'm goin wheelin:) just needed a place to go! Thanks for the input!

GCM 2

There are tons of super easy trails close to you on the east side of town and north of Carefree/Cave Creek. Try the drive up to Four Peaks (the mountians, not the brewery on N. Hayden), off the beeline hwy going towards Payson. Sycamore creek area off the beeline hwy is filled with easy trails too!

DMFNJ24601

I would recomend picking up this book: "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells. It has a lot of trails grouped by area with a rather nice rating system. It can be found at any local B&N or on Amazon. I have a copy of it and use it a lot, as it is very helpful.

Shoot me a PM if you're looking for someone with another stock JK to tag along.

D

Edit: Looks like Eddie posted it, but there's the full title if you go looking for it.

Donny

I have the Guide Book and am wondering which of the Moderate & Difficult trails cannot be done with a stock JK Unlimited Sport S?

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Guide Book and am wondering which of the Moderate & Difficult trails cannot be done with a stock JK Unlimited Sport S?

Donny

all the moderate trails in the book can be done stock. some of the difficult rated ones would be a bit harder and i would only recommend you trying them so long as you have rocker guards, tow points front and rear and go with a group.

Donny

We are looking for clubs and other folks to wheel with but its kinda hard to findem'.

We will stay on the Easy and Moderates till we gain some experience and more equipment.:blush:

Donny

TOW POINTS??? Gotta look that up? Came with tow hooks on the front Haven't looked at the back for them. Is that what you are referrrring to?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
TOW POINTS??? Gotta look that up? Came with tow hooks on the front Haven't looked at the back for them. Is that what you are referrrring to?

yes, tow hooks on front, and some kind of hook, receiver shackel or otherwise in the rear. :yup:

btw, we do runs out in AZ from time to time, easy ones too and when we do, you'll have to join us :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
btw, we do runs out in AZ from time to time, easy ones too and when we do, you'll have to join us :)[/QUOTE]

I don't like to be the one who asks to be invited but I'm gonna do it anyway.:blush: It sure would be nice to meet and "wheel" with fellow forum members here in Az.:yup:

TacPen

Banned
Adverntures of El Newbo

I'm still a relative newb but my friends and I have been hitting the trails every other weekend. Nothing crazy, just moderate trails so far but anybody interested in going out can shoot me a PM. We usually go Sunday morning around 8 am.

Last weekend we did Bulldog. A few weekends before we did the Rolls OHV area.

I really want to try Box Canyon sometime.

LGPow2006

I am much further east than you all in the PHX metro area... what I have been doing is just turning down dirt roads and following paths and trails all round the BLM lands out here... some have been trails that I would have taken my car down... others have caused me to turn around because most (heck) all the time I am wheeling alone. Got to find another that does more than drive their Jeep to Walmart out this way.

Found some great vistas and decent thrills. Discovered a lake I did not know we had out here. I think I should get that book too.

Anyone else from Gila Valley area on this forum? And I will drive to PHX area for a trip if Eddie and crew ever sponsor something there... close as they will likely get to me LOL

Dreamcatcher

We are looking for clubs and other folks to wheel with but its kinda hard to findem'.

We will stay on the Easy and Moderates till we gain some experience and more equipment.:blush:

Donny

Donny
Try this page, http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/forum.php? it's the AZ Virtual Jeep Club, free to join or go on as a guest till you see if it will suit you. Always easy runs being posted so you will have people to wheel with, just don't go alone.

Top Bottom