Oil change

miguel250r

I bought my 07 JKR in June with 15,500 miles on it now its at 18,800 mi they told me they changed the oil when I bought it I'm assuming its due for a oil change soon my question is when I change the oil is there a oil light I have to reset I know my pickup has one but not sure about the jeeps? Also any other matinice due around 19,000 miles its also almost 7 years old don't know if all the other oils are original or not like tranny and diffs. Very low milage for its age.

jeepin on a budget

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I would change all of the fluids that way you know what you have and go from there. If the oil light comes on you can do the "gas pedal/key on & off" dance to clear it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought my 07 JKR in June with 15,500 miles on it now its at 18,800 mi they told me they changed the oil when I bought it I'm assuming its due for a oil change soon my question is when I change the oil is there a oil light I have to reset I know my pickup has one but not sure about the jeeps? Also any other matinice due around 19,000 miles its also almost 7 years old don't know if all the other oils are original or not like tranny and diffs. Very low milage for its age.

jeepin on a budget

There is no "change oil" light on an 07. As far as maintenance goes, the years your Jeep has been alive more than miles would dictate that you do a full service on it. Like mcpuck said, it might be a good idea to do everything, just so you know where to start from.

Chairokey

I would change all of the fluids that way you know what you have and go from there. If the oil light comes on you can do the "gas pedal/key on & off" dance to clear it.

Could you be more specific?

Do you just hold the gas pedal, while turning the key to aux and then back off?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You turn the key to the ON position without staring your engine and then depress the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. Turn OFF the key and you are good to go.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug

I didnt realize it, but Wayoflife said there is not a change oil light on an '07.
But if for some reason you do have one ... ^^^ what he said above^^^

Chairokey

You turn the key to the ON position without staring your engine and then depress the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. Turn OFF the key and you are good to go.

Thanks! I've put up with that message for 2.8k miles lol

I seem to remember my 2012 coming with a maintenance check sheet all the way through like 200k miles. My 2013 didn't. Anyone have a copy of that? Would be handy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I seem to remember my 2012 coming with a maintenance check sheet all the way through like 200k miles. My 2013 didn't. Anyone have a copy of that? Would be handy

You should have gotten a CD with that info on it.

miguel250r

There is no "change oil" light on an 07. As far as maintenance goes, the years your Jeep has been alive more than miles would dictate that you do a full service on it. Like mcpuck said, it might be a good idea to do everything, just so you know where to start from.

Thanks I will Prolly do a full service like u guys said

jeepin on a budget

jeeeep

Hooked

jeepin on a budget

wow an 07 with only 18800 miles! and you've only put 3300 in the approx. 3 mos. since you've owned it!

I drive too much! I put about 2400 miles a month on mine... :beer:

miguel250r

wow an 07 with only 18800 miles! and you've only put 3300 in the approx. 3 mos. since you've owned it!

I drive too much! I put about 2400 miles a month on mine... :beer:

Ya that's why I bought it. It was really clean to looked brand new even undercarriage original paint on axles with no scratches someone parked it and never drove it and its been in California its whole life so no rust what's so ever to

jeepin on a budget

miguel250r

I have a company truck I drive to work so my ole lady gets to drive the jeep but her work is only 3 miles from the house

jeepin on a budget

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Yeah what Eddie said, you should have a CD and it should be in the manual.

jeeeep

Hooked
yep - that's the 3000 mile reminder - turn the key to the 'On' position - don't start, press the gas pedal all the way down and full release 3 times, then turn it off, it should reset until the next 3000 miles

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
yep - that's the 3000 mile reminder - turn the key to the 'On' position - don't start, press the gas pedal all the way down and full release 3 times, then turn it off, it should reset until the next 3000 miles

8,000 mile reminder, not 3,000.

loscann48

This seems like a good place to ask this...I know the system uses a computer algerthym to determine wheb the oil light should come on, but why would my oil change light come for the first time (during my ownership) after approx. 7700 miles (38600 total), but only about 4000 (now 42650) miles since I changed the oil and did the pedal reset?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom