Xj fuel pump info!

billybob990

I have a 99 xj and my check valve was busted in the fuel pump assembly and I was getting a lot of surging while driving (which most of the time means your fuel filter is clogging up) so I am in the stages of changing the fuel pump. I figured I'd let you all in on a little info. The fuel pump long ring is a dealer only item! The filler neck hose assembly is a dealer only item! The fuel tank strap bolts are dealer only item! These are three of the more common items that you realize are bad when pulling the tank. So if you need to change your pump make sure you have arrangements for these parts before diving in head first at this PITA!!!! I will be reassembling my jeep with the old lock ring, and strap bolts and had to spend around 3 hours making the hose assembly. I'm waiting on a friend to come help me lift the tank back up into the jeep and ill let you all know more about it when done. And just a little rant.... Why in the Hell!!! Did jeep engineers make the fuel filter non serviceable!!!???!!! 180,000 miles later I I dumped the fuel pump out and nothing but brown and black particles came out....smh

Top Bottom