Post lift questions

In5ane1

Lifted my jeep the other night with 2.5" coils. Had a few questions.

Front axle is off .5" and rear .75"....is this normal?

I was told by lift manufacturer to drive a few months and adjust after it settles. Plan to buy a rear track bar bracket. Should I worry about front?

Also I didnt loosen CA's during lift. Should I loosen and retighten them now?

My right rear seems like it ended up with .25" more than driver rear. Is that the norm?

TIA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
loosen everything up and give it a good shake to let everything settle - but without adjustable track bars you'll still be a little off.

depending on the kit you installed it's normal for the rear to end up higher

In5ane1

loosen everything up and give it a good shake to let everything settle - but without adjustable track bars you'll still be a little off.

Assuming front and rear CA's and track bars...

In5ane1

So im guessing everyone else has similar axle shifts. Ill probably just let it settle some more and then get the components to adjust it.

Last edited:

In5ane1

Loosen Upper CAs too? Those are tough to get to. Will lowers be sufficient?

In5ane1

Ok. Loosened everything last night and retorqued. I had my steering wheel aligned initially after lift because it was off. Now after loosening everything and retorquing, the steering wheel I s back uncentered. Any explanation?

This did seem to improve ride..but front and rear axles still offcentered.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Did a 2.5" lift and axles are just slightly off. So little I'm not changing it and usually those things really bother me

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok. Loosened everything last night and retorqued. I had my steering wheel aligned initially after lift because it was off. Now after loosening everything and retorquing, the steering wheel I s back uncentered. Any explanation?

This did seem to improve ride..but front and rear axles still offcentered.

yes that would be normal since you centered it the 1st time before loosening - just center your steering again

axles will be off without adjustable track bars - your rear axle will also be off a little even after centering once you load the Jeep up - but it bugged me enough I got front and rear track bars to get things centered for DD.

If you get track bars be sure to get the type that have the axle tube as the anchor point not the existing stock track bar bracket. If it mounts and extends the stock track bar bracket it creates a weak point and tend to break...

also stay away from those that use a drop pitman arm

Top Bottom