Winch Question

Firewrangler

Warn VR8000 or Quadratec 9500is. I know Warn is a good winch, but I'd be buying the VR8000 which I take is the bottom of the line Warn. For a little more money, I can get the Quadratec brand with synthetic line and integrated solenoid. It would be occasional use only like around the hunting camp. Not a lot of rock crawling in my area. :idontknow:

Pushrod

The best advice I can give you is get the brand that has replacement parts available, otherwise you buy a disposable winch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I like my Quadratec one. I have the Q9000 and its solid. I don't use it a lot and don't want to lol I have it for if anyone I go with gets stuck or if I happen to get stuck. It is cheap, reliable, and (per testing done and ratings I have seen) a pretty solid set up. Nothing compares to a warn but the Quadratec one is a strong second in my mind

Sent from my iPhone

crowrb29

I have heard really good things about the synth line. Haven't used it myself but I have used synth ropes before for recovery and they are amazing. I'm sure the synth rope winch would be very similar.

In5ane1

Not to highjack thread...but trying not to create another. What is a good inexpensive winch. Want something reliable, but it wont be used all the time. Mainly for hunting and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

Also checkout the Engo winches. Everything I've heard about them is good.

It would be nice to get a Warn, but they're almost double what everyone else charges.

mrmet1983

Warn VR8000 or Quadratec 9500is. I know Warn is a good winch, but I'd be buying the VR8000 which I take is the bottom of the line Warn. For a little more money, I can get the Quadratec brand with synthetic line and integrated solenoid. It would be occasional use only like around the hunting camp. Not a lot of rock crawling in my area. :idontknow:

I have a vr8000 and love it haven't had a problem with it yet and a actually used it twice this weekend

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

suicideking

I have a vr8000 and love it haven't had a problem with it yet and a actually used it twice this weekend

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

How long have you had it?

My take on this is that the OP mentions he won't be doing rock crawling and not planning to use the winch on a regular basis. So I don't see a problem buying the Warn 8000, but would still try to get more for your money with another manufacturer.

mrmet1983

How long have you had it?

My take on this is that the OP mentions he won't be doing rock crawling and not planning to use the winch on a regular basis. So I don't see a problem buying the Warn 8000, but would still try to get more for your money with another manufacturer.

Had it for 5 months and I go with warn cuz of the reputation and they r just so much more durable then competitors

JandSJK

I've had a few different winches and I can definitely tell you you don't cut corners on safety gear like a winch. I've had two warns, a mile marker, and three different size harbor freight winches. The warns are the only ones that have never failed me. I have had to replace parts on them but that's fairly easy as warn has tons of replacement parts. There customer service is top notch as well. I have the powerplant HD now and it is an amazing winch. The compressor makes it worth every penny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom