Windshield light mount q?

Ben-0

So all I need is the two bolts to unscrew put the bracket on and screw them in...easy right? Well the inner most screw on both sides will not unscrew any insight on that? Are they not supposed to come out? They turn like there is a nut on the inside that is turning with it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377993598.256283.jpg
Thanks guys

MTG

Caught the Bug
So all I need is the two bolts to unscrew put the bracket on and screw them in...easy right? Well the inner most screw on both sides will not unscrew any insight on that? Are they not supposed to come out? They turn like there is a nut on the inside that is turning with it
View attachment 46981
Thanks guys

It's been a while but think I remember a plastic washer in mine that made it spin and spin until I put a little back pressure on it. :thinking:

Edit: might have been some gummy loctite material on the end of the bolt.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Does it come out at all? If it does try and fit a small screwdriver behind the head and pry out and then try unscrewing it.

Ben-0

It comes out a little then tightens it back up, I did pry with a flat head and got me nowhere

Torch it off. Sorry I couldn't resist. How about 2 small screwdrivers under the head with some assistance from a helper, give it even pressure while you do the honors.

Army_Vet

Banned
View attachment 46981
Thanks guys

Sounds like the nutsert worked itself loose.

If you take all the bolts out of that bracket. then using the bracket itself to apply force to that bolt while trying to remove it with the torx bit, it may work. Do not reinstall without fixing that hole first

Top Bottom