Rubiwho's 2014 JKU Rubicon Build

Rubiwho

I had a 2012 JKU Sport Black Forest Green, loved the color, but someone offered me money for it so I sold it. I just took delivery of my 2014 JKU Rubicon Anvil a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it on June 24th and it arrived August 14th. The only option that was a must have was the heated seats. In Georgia dealer usually don't get those in their allocated rigs. My build list is pretty much the same as the last one, but this time I'm going with bigger and better stuff.

LoD Mid width Front Bumper-installed
LoD Rock Sliders-installed
LoD Rear Gen 3 Bumper with swing arm-installed
Warn Powerplant-installed
ARB Diff Covers
Hutchinson Rock Monster Beadlocks
37" Goodyear Kevlar MTR or Nitto Trail Grapplers (haven't decided yet)
Cut fenders
Lift 3.5" still debating (AEV RS(used in the past and liked), RK "X" Factor Mid-Arm, or Metalcloak Game Changer)
sPod with red switches-installed
Piaa 520 ATP lights-installed
Piaa 540 Extreme White Lights-Installed
Tuffy Security Box-Installed
Cobra 75 WX CB-installed
Uniden Speaker mounted in role bar-installed
Grab Handles-installed
Mag light on seat frame-installed
Spiderweb Shade in red-installed

I'll post some pics tomorrow, I need to get them on my computer.:crazyeyes:

Rubiwho

At it's new home, stock

photo7 1.jpg

LoD Mid-width w/skid plate, Warn Power Plant, PIAA ATP 520, PIAA 540 Lights, Factor 55 Pro Link, Rugged Ridge Light guards.

LoD Mid Width Warn Power Plant.jpg

LoD Gen 3 Bumper with Tire Swing Arm, 48" Hi-Lift, Rugged Ridge Light Guards

LoD Rear Gen 3 Swing Arm.jpg

LoD Rock Sliders, installation requires tapping 7 holes in the frame for each rail.

LoD Rails.jpg

Red Spider Web Trailmesh top

photo7 4.jpg

sPod Source

sPod.jpg

Red sPod switch panel

Red sPod Switches.jpg

Attachments

• 1377225368440.jpg
    1377225368440.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,012

Rubiwho

I had all the parts at the house before I had the Jeep. So I've been having a blast these past couple of weeks playing. Not having to wait for the UPS guy was nice. It was hard enough waiting for the Jeep to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubiwho

Ended up going with the AEV 3.5" lift. Best lift for the buck for what I want. I would have liked to have gone with the Metalcloak, but for what I'll use it for the AEV will suffice. Too many additional costs associated with the Metalcloak to be happy. I will probably end up going down that road. For now, I'm glad I'm up 3.5 more inches. Finished pics will be up... when in finished.

Work in progress...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378860539.166037.jpg

Wheels will look nice...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378860582.057562.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubiwho

I am now a fan of the red too, wasn't at first. Oh well, wasn't an option for the 2014 anyway. Im thinking red seat covers if I can find nice ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
This thing is friggin sex on wheels. I love it! I really like LOD,s front bumpers and sliders. Not a huge fan of the rear bumpers but this whole thing is nice as hell. I absolutely love the wheels/tires you have!

Ldogg

Nice rig. I love the anvil color and those argent power coated wheels really make it pop. You should look at trek armor seat covers, and get the rubicon logo stitched in. I personally like the red seats with that color and that would look fantastic I think.

Rubiwho

You did powder coat those wheels right?

Hutchinson offers them in Silver, Argent, and Black. They will custom coat them for you, but these are their Argent off the shelf.

Nice rig. I love the anvil color and those argent power coated wheels really make it pop. You should look at trek armor seat covers, and get the rubicon logo stitched in. I personally like the red seats with that color and that would look fantastic I think.

Not a bad idea, I check it out, Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom