squeak squeak.. any ideas?

Jeep_Dawg08

So on my way into work. Pulled in the parking garage and there it is. A little squeak squeak when driving straight, seems to go away when I turn though. Happens when just driving with no brake applied. Got out and bounced on the front and no squeak.
Also the jeep seems to be riding alittle off, some vidration throughout the whole jeep, a tad wander on the highway as well with the steering well straight.
Theres probably a multitude of issues going on here I'm sure.
Tire are Nitto Trails and getting low on tread, had them balanced cpl months ago.
Ball joints replaced within last 6 months, and shocks replaced as well.

Got it used last yr, 08 with 75k on her now. 2.5" Budget boost and skyjacker shocks.
Any help out there??

Army_Vet

Banned
too many!

With 75K on it, It can be a multitude of things.
Brake pads
u-joints
wheel bearings

Plus a bunch more possibilities that i can't even think of right now. Unless you know what you're doing underneath your rig, I would suggest taking it to a trusted mechanic ask them to evaluate it

Serg5000

If you apply the brakes slightly you will notice the noise go away. I have the same issue. It's my rear brakes. The pins may need to be cleaned and greased. It doesn't bother me so much to make me take the rear apart and clean. I will wait till I need pads.

Rippicon

If you apply the brakes slightly you will notice the noise go away. I have the same issue. It's my rear brakes. The pins may need to be cleaned and greased. It doesn't bother me so much to make me take the rear apart and clean. I will wait till I need pads.

I had the same issue. The lower caliper pin was completely seized up. I ended up having to replace the whole caliper but it did fix the squeak !

JeepFan

Hooked
A slightly bent rear axle flange can cause a squeak as well. Tell take is the noise usually stops when you apply the brakes.

Paws

Could be a lot of things. If what you are describing is true, get under and tighten all the control arm bolts/nuts. Breaker bar with right size socket should get everything nice and tight. Once these are confirmed tight. Hit up the drag link, tie rod and track bar.

If its still happening have someone drive it slow while you walk next to it and listen.

JeepJKpwr

Sounds like the brake sensors to me. I have the same issue and realized my front brakes need to be replaced.

WhiteDynamite

If it's coming from the rear try shaking your shocks a bit. I found my upper shock bushing was my culprit. I worked a little grease into it and it's good to go.

mrmet1983

Maybe brake dust shield

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

ewinterfeldt

I had the same issue, bent my rear axle flange out in Moab. Checked everything and could find anything obvious. Talked to a local shop and they told be to put the rear up on stands and let it get up to about 10-15 mph and check out the rear wheels to see if there was a wobble on either of the wheels. Got it up on the stands and sure enough, the passenger rear wheel had a slight wobble to it. Switched to some new Alloy USA axles and the chirp went away. Put it up on some jacks stands and check it out!
Good luck

Top Bottom