Mud Grapplers

T&ERun

LOSER
Hey all. I know this has been talked about before, but wanting opinions on Nitto Mud Grapplers. For those that run them or know of people that run them, what are your thoughts of them on the rocks. I think they are a great mud and sand tire, but I haven't been too impressed with them when it comes to rocks. Maybe it's just me. The reason I say this is: there is a certain rock "wall" at badlands (Indiana) that I climbed two years ago with 35" Dick Cepek Mud Countries and haven't been able to make it up with my 37" Mud Grapplers. The two different factors here are: with the Mud Countries I had a spotter that knew the line apparently and I walked up the rock face pretty easily. I did not have bead locks and was at 15psi. With the Mud Grapplers I have bead locks and am running about 9psi. I didn't have the same spotter, but I've tried a few different lines that were close to the same line as what we did before. This past weekend we were out there and I made it up about three feet and was spinning all four tires. Two years ago like I said it walked up pretty easy.

Any thoughts appreciated. I'm thinking of siping the Mud Grapplers. Thinking of cutting the large tread blocks in half to break it up some (basically making the large 5-6" long blocks into 2-3" long blocks). Has anyone siped these tires and what were you thoughts.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think my mud grapplers are great on the rocks. I have never had an issue with them. But everyone is different.

Rollincoal420

Y not try more pressure first? Before you go cutting them atleast. They are radials so they may like alittle more air pressure. A couple psi in either direction can make a huge difference. Its worth a shot right?

I'm excited to see where this thread goes. I've spent plenty of time around these tires, just never got to own a set. And I try really hard to own a set too. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have to agree with overlander. I think they are amazing on the rocks. Excellent grip in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone

CRAZYCASEY

I have been very happy with mine and I am on my second set. My 37s I ran at around 12 psi, they got more traction with a little more air. I run my 40s at 9, anything less and they don't hook up as well. I'm not sure what size or load rating you are running but I think it makes a difference.

JandSJK

I run my 35's at 13-14 and they have been great. Rocks mud sand have been it the snow yet but that season is getting close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
What kind of mileage are you guys getting out of these grapplers?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

buddy got 40,000 miles out of his. they are soft quiet on the road. wish now I would have gotten grapplers instead of the BFG's...when I get 37's they will be grapplers

T&ERun

LOSER
buddy got 40,000 miles out of his. they are soft quiet on the road. wish now I would have gotten grapplers instead of the BFG's...when I get 37's they will be grapplers

I disagree about being quiet on the road. They are very loud.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

No way your talking about the mud grapplers being quiet. Maybe the trail grapplers but not the mud grapplers.

miguel250r

I know some ppl say the mud grappler are a hard tire and the side walls don't air down as good as most tires but never experienced it myself just what I heard

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

72blubyu

I have them on my F350 look awesome but loud. I have trail grapplers on the JKU and love them quite and ride great.

Top Bottom