Tire upgrade

American outlaw

Ok so this is not a question about the biggest tire i can run on a stock jk. I'm looking for more tire options for my jk. There does not seem to be a lot to Choose from in the stock tire size. I'm not lifting so I'm not looking for a bigger tire. I don't want to go down in size but I wouldn't mind going up in size a bit. Help a brotha out

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ok so this is not a question about the biggest tire i can run on a stock jk. I'm looking for more tire options for my jk. There does not seem to be a lot to Choose from in the stock tire size. I'm not lifting so I'm not looking for a bigger tire. I don't want to go down in size but I wouldn't mind going up in size a bit. Help a brotha out

What model do you have? I have a 2011 Sport. Had 225's with 16" wheels. Replaced with slightly used...2000 miles Rubi take-offs. They are the stock 255 BFG M/T's. Added 1.5" Spider spacers. Very happy til I move up to 33's...I mean 35's.....I mean 37's!:)

JandSJK

Discount Tire!!!! What size are you running now. With the JK you can go 1-2 sizes up without ill effects.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

What type of driving are young to be doing? BFG A/T's are great all around tires and do not look like street tires. Another option is NITTO Tera Grappler which is another all around great tire. If I were at work I could send you a link which would help you out a lot. I will try and send it in the morning. BTW I am n Japan.

bl17z90

the sport and rubi come stock with 255/75r17's and that comes out to be 32 inches in height and about 10.5 inches in width. You can put a 33x12.5 on the jk stock if you like but you will fill up your wheel wells. Another thing you could do if you would really like 33's is cut your fenders and that'll give it a whole new personality.

The problem with running anything wider than the stock tire, 255mm, is you will start rubbing suspension components with the inner sidewal. The almighty fix for that is a new set of wheel spacers wheel spacers, which even on stock width tires give your jk a sweet look.

American outlaw

I have a x and have the 17 inch wheels. I'm trying to stay away from wheel spacer because I don't trust it if I have to to get to more tire options I will do some upgrades

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've been running spacers fro several thousand miles. No problem just follow directions, use locktite and re-torgue per specs.

Smitty

I just posted a response to an almost identical thread on another forum. His use was mostly highway and snow. I recommended the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor in the stock size for his situation. If you want a mud tire, the BFG Mud Terrain comes in a 255/80R17. Its a 33" tire instead of the stock 32" and since it's the same width as stock it fits very well without mods. What kind of use are you looking to throw at them?

American outlaw

I just posted a response to an almost identical thread on another forum. His use was mostly highway and snow. I recommended the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor in the stock size for his situation. If you want a mud tire, the BFG Mud Terrain comes in a 255/80R17. Its a 33" tire instead of the stock 32" and since it's the same width as stock it fits very well without mods. What kind of use are you looking to throw at them?

Yeah that's me on the other forum haha. I was looking for good feedback. So it would be the same use highway and snow for a daily driver.

JandSJK

you can fit a 33 no problem. ran that way for the first 8-9 months i had my jeep. I believe it is a 285/70R17. Lots to chose from in that size

Top Bottom