CB Installed

Jeepmed

I wanted to have my cb well hidden when not in use.
IMG_1321.jpg This was perfect. Spliced wires into the power outlet in the console. drilled a hole in the side for the antenna and all I have left is to clean up the wiring a bit. Works great and not intrusive.
IMG_1320.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Looks like a cool install. Can you get some pics of what it looks like inside the console and the controls?

Good idea!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
hmm may move myne into there, deff love how its hidden when not needed tho. Deff the best part of the 75 with all controls on the mic instead of the little radio part.

Ldogg

Looks like a cool install. Can you get some pics of what it looks like inside the console and the controls?

Good idea!

He is using a cobra 75, so the only other piece besides the handset is that white box attached to the top of the console(lid). I guess the bigger question is do you need the console down(closed) when on the trail. I don't think so, I don't ever lean on mine, however I think you may need a way to keep it from closing by itself. Looks good though!

Last edited:

mrmet1983

Nice job !! I like how you wud never know it's even there

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
He is using a cobra 75, so the only other piece besides the handset is that white box attached to the top of the console(lid). I guess the bigger question is do you need the console down(closed) when on the trail. I don't think so, I don't ever lean on mine, however I think you may need a way to keep it from closing by itself. Looks good though!

It wouldnt need to be open, mic can run throught the stock spot where a usb or phone cable would come out

Ldogg

It wouldnt need to be open, mic can run throught the stock spot where a usb or phone cable would come out

Hmmm now look at that..... I didn't know that existed! Is that only on the newer interiors or is that on the older interior too. Now I need to go look at my jeep!
:)

Jeepmed

Yes I can use the mic with the cable coming through the factory hole. Drilled a hole low on the passengers side for the antena, and power through the outlet in the console. So yes I can use the CB with the console closed. Try to get more pics later, Raining here now.

Top Bottom