Moab Labor Day weekend

JandSJK

OK just putting a feeler out on this because i'm not 100% sure of the plans yet. My wife and I are going to be the chase rig for her families anual motorcycle trip. We will be meeting up with them in Moab on the first or second of September. We are going to be there early morning on saturday. We are hoping to get some trail time in while we are in town(because otherwise i may have to throw a tantrum if I'm in Moab and dont get to hit at least one trail):fingerscrossed:. I was hoping to get a group together to go with. I will update this as son as i have more details. It sould be within the next couple of weeks.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Go to the gate at Canyonlands Island in the Sky entrance and about a mile before the gate turn left and go down the Schafer switchbacks and then catch the potash road back to Moab. Super scenic and easy enough to not get in trouble on your own.

Attachments

• image-3579322711.jpg
    image-3579322711.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 181
  • image-4093275985.jpg
    image-4093275985.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1177551533.jpg
    image-1177551533.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 178

JandSJK

My wife and i were in moab in 2005 for our honeymoon(love my Jeep wife). We were in my 97 Grand Cherokee at the time and only had enough time really to do one trail. Went and asked around and the guys at cliffhanger jeep rentals looked over my jeep and suggested we do the cliffhanger trail. It had recently had a few bypasses put in. We had a blast and have been trying to make a trip back ever since. We will have limited time again this trip. Just one day really. I was hope to get together with some people and make a run or two.

mackey

What date, time and location are you guys meeting? I may be able to make a weekend Moab run. I have never been and its in my bucket list :eek:)

blazer

Caught the Bug
A friend and I plan on being there that weekend, probably Fri thru Tues.
Plan on running with the event and camping put on by local club for the
3 days plus a day or two before and after. Been to Moab many times.
Will watch this thread.

JandSJK

notajerryskid is gonna be there over the weekend to. Wasnt aware that there was a club event going on. should be a good time in moab then..

JandSJK

As of today we should roll into town around 1ish Saturday afternoon and are heading out on Monday morning. We dont really have any plans for trails so for. Was thinking about fins and things and my wife wants to go on the trail that have the dino foot prints not sure which one that is.

JandSJK

Finally made it to Moab. Wow i dont remember it taking that long. Heading out to fins and things with Notajerryskid in the morning.

Top Bottom