So I built an entire jeep tonight...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I am not going to do a complete write up because let's face it, building an entire jeep is something we've all done a thousand times and it's child's play really.

So I started around 9 and finished around 10:30. I know a hour and a half to build an entire jeep is a ridiculous amount of time, BUT I've never done one before AND I took my time.

Anyway it turns out pretty good.

image-1505410124.jpg

image-205396371.jpg

But I think I need to do something about these wheels. I'd start a poll but maybe I can get enough responses from this thread? Bedline, Powdercoat or plastidip? Let me know.

image-3680528409.jpg

Also, let me know if you'd like a full write up. :)

Have a good long weekend everyone!!!

BTW--what should be my first mod??

Last edited:

Prime8

I did a full Jeep Hurricane build last Christmas. Mine took two hours, but that's cause its a concept vehicle and way better than all you stockers out there. Even mounted my hi-lift on the hood, for easy access for when I'm out "mad wheelin" and blow one of my mud-terrains on obstacles you thought were impossible to climb. Looking to get 10" Rockstars for my 14" tires. Anyone have pictures so I can see what it will look like? Thinking about swapping out engines for a hemi too, cause this 12v just doesn't allow me to do all the overlanding I want to do. I'll post some pics for you guys later, I'm at the mall right now buying board shorts and some all-over-print fight gear tees. Affliction is so trick!

Prime8

Oh, and your first mod should definitely be an AEV 3.5" lift. I have one on mine, and while I've never run anything else, I'm sure this is the best lift ever made by anyone, ever.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Great job! I built one myself last night. Took a whole 2 minutes! Already went out mudding.

Your wheels are too clean they should look like these:

image-4234347882.jpg

My boys won't leave this thing alone either!

2012jkfng702

Looking good Brother, Bring it to Vegas with you next time and we can fender chop :D. The one on the right a neighbor had at my old house and that thing is pretty stout... The crappy thing was the boys did something to it where there was a flat spot in the right rear wheel. Kinda of entertaining watching them drive down the street in it afterwords... I now realize why you say I won't have much time when the kiddo comes out, a whole forum dedicated to power toys... Pink digital Camo Jeep here I come;)

Toneman

Very Nice. I have a few years yet until I have to build those :fingerscrossed: Unless she tries and pulls a fast one after the wedding lol

Top Bottom