2013 JKUR Headlight Issue

Voodoo Actual

Hey guys,
Hoping to get some help. My 2013 JKUR is having an odd issue. If my headlights are On I cannot use my brights. They just flicker once and go out. If my fogs only are on I can use my brights. If my lights are Off I can pull back on the light lever to hold my brights On. If my fogs and headlights are on I cannot use my brights. They flicker once and go out - back to normal headlights.

I'm working in he CO Rockies right now so proper lighting would be helpful since half of my time in the mountains is after Sunset.

Thanks in Advance

Paisano

The high beams won't work when the lights and fogs are on. Just the way it's programmed to work. Never had any reason to try all the scenarios you've listed. In fog high beams are useless. If you want to use the brights just keep the fog lights off. After reading your post again I'm not sure what is going on.

Last edited:
Sounds like there is a wire either shorting or connected wrong. Since it is a 2013 I would take it back to the dealership to see what is wrong.

Voodoo Actual

The high beams won't work when the lights and fogs are on. Just the way it's programmed to work. Never had any reason to try all the scenarios you've listed. In fog high beams are useless. If you want to use the brights just keep the fog lights off.

You are not understanding the issue - or maybe you've misread the post? Your fogs turn Off when you hit the highs. This is normal and expected. The issue is the highs are not operating correctly when they are being engaged. They flicker once and revert to a weak headlight condition. The issue began about 45 mins ago. I have not had he issue an any previous Jeep. It is the first time it's happened on 11k miles on this Jeep.

Voodoo Actual

Sounds like there is a wire either shorting or connected wrong. Since it is a 2013 I would take it back to the dealership to see what is wrong.

I'm on 14 hr days. Haven't had a day off in 3 weeks. I should be off this weekend. If I don't get this figured out by them I will take it in.

I have been in a lot of deep mud - maybe mud has gotten somewhere it shouldn't have and is causing a short?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Paisano

You are not understanding the issue - or maybe you've misread the post? Your fogs turn Off when you hit the highs. This is normal and expected. The issue is the highs are not operating correctly when they are being engaged. They flicker once and revert to a weak headlight condition. The issue began about 45 mins ago. I have not had he issue an any previous Jeep. It is the first time it's happened on 11k miles on this Jeep.

I agree I misread the post, I don't have stock headlights anymore. I'm not sure why, maybe it's a bulb problem or a wire? Should be covered under warranty.

Voodoo Actual

I agree I misread the post, I don't have stock headlights anymore. I'm not sure why, maybe it's a bulb problem or a wire? Should be covered under warranty.

I swapped my OEM lights about 2 months ago for Sylvania's because the OEM lights are so dim and I didn't have the budget for Truck Lights.

I would try putting the OEM lights in but they are about a 20 hr drive away for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Voodoo Actual

I still have the issue off and on. Mentioned it to the dealer where I had my oil changed but they didn't seem too interested so I figure I'll wait 'til I get back home or head back through UT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom