Lug Nut ?

Jeepmed

I'm going to get some Soft 8's. 17x9. What size, thread lug nutz do I need. Or. Will my stock lug nutz work?
Thank You.

TheDuff

The thread pitch remains the same, but some aftermarket wheels have a different taper where the lug meets the wheel. I wouldn't be surprised if soft 8's retained the stock taper, but I would advise checking to be 100% sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Army_Vet

Banned
The thread pitch remains the same, but some aftermarket wheels have a different taper where the lug meets the wheel. I wouldn't be surprised if soft 8's retained the stock taper, but I would advise checking to be 100% sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

The taper's are all 60deg. Ball seat are however different, Soft 8's have a 60 deg taper. you are good to use stock lugs

GCM 2

The taper's are all 60deg. Ball seat are however different, Soft 8's have a 60 deg taper. you are good to use stock lugs

Army_Vet is spot on the money here. If you go to any parts store, you are probably only going to find the 'tapered' style lug nuts, I have never seen anything but these at auto parts stores. Anything other than a 60 degree taper, or even the flat flange style are special order items that are for custom build or race applications. However, you should still check packaging to ensure you are getting tapered style lugs. It would not be far fetched to have someone order flat flange lugs at Autotzone, figure out they screwed up, take them back for a refund and the store just throw these out on the display shelf.

Top Bottom