Evo coilover install instructions

BBrown626

Help! Received the front and rear bolt- on kits. Missing instructions for the rear kit. Evo is closed for the week and does not respond. Anyone have the instructions to share?
I was hoping to install this weekend but I am missing a couple small parts too😂

Help! Received the front and rear bolt- on kits. Missing instructions for the rear kit. Evo is closed for the week and does not respond. Anyone have the instructions to share?
I was hoping to install this weekend but I am missing a couple small parts too

They are on JKX this week.

PM me your email address. I have an electronic copy.

pastorwug

ProfessionalDriver - I also sent you a PM, hoping I could have a copy as well. But I forgot to send you my email address, I will try again.

pastorwug

I was hoping to install this weekend but I am missing a couple small parts too

Which brand and length of control arms are you going to use?

BBrown626

Which brand and length of control arms are you going to use?

I am using my current Teraflex short arms. With a lower lift they should be fine. If needed I will go to a long arm system after the chromoly shafts, 37's and beadlocks.

BBrown626

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378612187.332561.jpg
Finished the rear today. I am not to sure the reinforcement for the uppers is adding a lot. Aside from bolting the coilover to it there is just one bolt through the frame.
The rockstars were a lot of work.
Aside from that the 100F temps kicked my butt.

JK's JK

Banned
View attachment 48019
Finished the rear today. I am not to sure the reinforcement for the uppers is adding a lot. Aside from bolting the coilover to it there is just one bolt through the frame.

Coilovers look nice. What type of flex you planning on getting with a short arm?

pastorwug

View attachment 48019

Look great, now you want to come over and help me with mine?
;>)

BBrown626

Coilovers look nice. What type of flex you planning on getting with a short arm?

Not sure, but it will likely be better then what I had. There are others running these or traditional coils with 12" of travel. I might get long arms, but first I need new drive shafts and maybe axles in preparation for 37's. One thing at a time.

BBrown626

Look great, now you want to come over and help me with mine?
;>)

No. Too far to drive. You will want to enjoy doing this install yourself :)
It is a lot of work. Now I have to do the front! The front looks easier. A lot less cutting and grinding.

Enjoy your install.

Atch

View attachment 48019

There is 1 long bolt through the frame rail and 2 smaller bolts from the plate to frame

BBrown626

Do the smaller bolts go up through the cross rail?

The instruction I have:

12.With rear body lifted from frame. On both driver and passenger side, insert rear upper strengthening bracket above original shock mount. If difficult to insert. Raise body more. On 2007-2011 JKs the front section of the bracket (2 slotted holes) needs to be inserted under the body mount flange. OR remove these two body mounts.

I don't have a body mount there. There is no mention of fasteners on the plate other than the 2 for the shock and the 1/2" bolt through the frame rail.

Do you have pics or different instructions?

Last edited:

Atch

I have the same instructions but if you look, the 2 slotted holes line up with 2 holes on the frame.

BBrown626

I have the same instructions but if you look, the 2 slotted holes line up with 2 holes on the frame.

maybe it is JKU thing. I have nothing there. No body mount or holes.

Do you have a picture of it that you can share?

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Short arm vs long arm will allow you "more flex". What it will give you, is a smoother ride on the road and less swipe of the axle when flexing.

I think you meant to say "will not allow you more flex"! You are correct with the axle swipe! A long arm stopped my driveshafts from nailing my skid plates every time I flexed it out big time.

BBrown626, I just finished my fronts if you need some help. I took some pictures along the way if you want them. I was flustered with the install instructions so I thought I'd do a write up down the road. I also got the color PDF from EVO. That helped in one area.

zeddjb

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I think this seems to be the most appropriate place to put this.

I know this is an older thread, but I was curious what coilovers do vs the standard springs for a JKU. I have a short arm 4" lift and I hear that coilovers provide much better ride quality. Are there any other benefits and how noticeable is the ride quality difference? Also, these are a pretty expensive upgrade so I was curious, can I just do the rear first and then the front at a later time or vise/versa?

Is there anything that needs to be done in preparation of buying and installing these such as other upgrades that need to happen first? I see so many people installing coilovers and I'm just trying to understand their reason for the upgrade and figure out if it's worth it for me.

Top Bottom