Fitting rims to existing tires

UndeadJeeper

I've seen a lot of questions about how to figure out what tires will fit on a given rim, but I have a slightly more complicated question.

A long time from now, when I have money again (just lifted the JKUR), I would like to replace my stock rims with different ones. I am currently running 35x12.5s on the stock 17" rim that comes with a 2013 Rubicon plus wheel spacers. My question is, how do I figure out which rim will fit that tire without spacers ? The idea here is that in the future, when I upgrade the rims, I'll want to do it in a way that eliminates the need for the spacers BUT I do not want to have to get rid of my tires.

pvanweelden

What you want to look at is the Back spacing of your factory rim versus the back spacing of an aftermarket rim. The lower the number, the further out the wheel will be from the center of the jeep

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've seen a lot of questions about how to figure out what tires will fit on a given rim, but I have a slightly more complicated question.

A long time from now, when I have money again (just lifted the JKUR), I would like to replace my stock rims with different ones. I am currently running 35x12.5s on the stock 17" rim that comes with a 2013 Rubicon plus wheel spacers. My question is, how do I figure out which rim will fit that tire without spacers ? The idea here is that in the future, when I upgrade the rims, I'll want to do it in a way that eliminates the need for the spacers BUT I do not want to have to get rid of my tires.

it all comes down to backspacing. i run 4.25 backspacing on my 35's and i have no rubbing issues. usually as long as its less than 4.5 backspacing you shouldnt have a problem

Army_Vet

Banned

Any 17" with 5x5 lug pattern 8" or 9" in wide with 3.5" to 4.5" back spacing will work great. keep in mind the closer to 3.5" you are, the further the tire will end up sticking out past the fender; especially with a 9" wide

bl17z90

I would also like to add that you wouldn't want to get a set that is any wider than 8.5 if you are going to stick with a 12.5 wide tire because if the rim is too wide than you can loose your bead much easier on the trail.

Army_Vet

Banned
I would also like to add that you wouldn't want to get a set that is any wider than 8.5 if you are going to stick with a 12.5 wide tire because if the rim is too wide than you can loose your bead much easier on the trail.

Good Point Zach. I didn't think of that

Top Bottom