Potential issue? Spring and isolator

In5ane1

Should I fix this or is it ok? Dont want issues later. Its one of my rear springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1378421374484.jpg
    1378421374484.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Army_Vet

Banned
Should I fix this or is it ok? Dont want issues later. Its one of mybrear springs.

Can you explain wht you see wrong? im lookin, but not seeing it i guess.

I cant be positive, but it almost looks like the spring is upside down.....

If you mean painting it, I would to keep the metal from rusting and weakening. You can hit with some rattle can and call it good.

In5ane1

If you look at the isolator, the tail of the spring is right at the edge. Looks a little offcenter than what it should be. Guess its my OCD kicking in! I just installed a week ago.

Lol...it is painted!

And no its not upside down.

Army_Vet

Banned
If you look at the isolator, the tail of the spring is right at the edge. Looks a little offcenter than what it should be. Guess its my OCD kicking in! I just installed a week ago.

Lol...it is painted!

can you take a pic of the bottom of this spring for my OCD.... It almost looks upside down to me

In5ane1

can you take a pic of the bottom of this spring for my OCD.... It almost looks upside down to me

Here ya go!

And a beauty shot post lift to show her off...

Attachments

• 1378422258117.jpg
    1378422258117.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 1378422302214.jpg
    1378422302214.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 61

Army_Vet

Banned
Here's mine. I installed my lift about 3 weeks ago.

View attachment 47780

although it looks more centered than yours, i still wouldn't worry about it yet. check it in about 2 weeks, and see if it looks worse then

Last edited:

In5ane1

Anyone else have a spring sitting this way? Didnt know if its worth running by offroad shop. I dont have time right now to mess with it.

mrmet1983

Should be fine and if the lift is new when u go wheeling the springs will settle into place

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom