Trouble with customer support Rough Country??

Unlimited

For the 3rd time now I have received incomplete sway bar disco kits. I have a rubicon, broke a link, and had purchased a kit a while back to replace the factory ones for the longer length.

April ordered the kit, came in missing links

2 weeks later received same exact kit, again missing links

Few weeks later received the kit again, now with the links, but missing the ends

Issue now is, I just broke the factory link. I think no problem ill put the discos on finally. Open box, no ends to the links. When I received the 3rd kit I opened briefly and saw the links there thinking the rest would be there... NOPE!!

Called customer service and get some arrogant guy saying nope it's past the 30 days and we will now sell you the ends at cost. Not good enough to me. The crap is brand new and never been out of the box.

The issue I have is their attitude about the situation. I have bought a lot of shit from RC in the past and for many years.

Guess they are willing to lose future sales to from me over 20 bucks worth of parts, that they missed for the 3rd order.

It's nothing about it being some cheap missing parts but the attitude. Basically the guy calls me a dumbass!

Says, "so you've had this stuff 5 months and just now realize parts are missing??"

FK rough country. Doubt they'll make it right.

2010 RUBICON. With some stuff

jeeeep

Hooked
that sucks man, guess is it also too late to return it and get your money back? Maybe you can take it up with your credit card company.

I had a similar issue with an item I bought (not Jeep related) anyway, after trying to resolve it with the company I ended up calling my credit card company, sent them all the documentation/info I had - they investigated and when it was done I had a refund and the offending company even sent UPS to pick it up on their dime :thumb:

Unlimited

I use my debit card for everything so not sure but that's a thought. Thanks for that.

I called back 2 more times, same guy answered, then emailed and same dude again. I could tell by the email by the way he was talking. Unless they are a that arrogant but I don't that.

Will try more next week.

Ain't anything about a damn 60 or whatever dollar part I don't like being treated like that. As anyone

I am pretty sure I have talked to exact same person at Rough Country. I installed one of their lifts on one of my pickups several years back. He wanted me to pay for the missing parts. Guy was a total ass! Lost me as a customer...

1yellowjk

On my old JKU I had nothing but problems with Rough Country and I tell everyone I know to stay away from them, so I will vent here as well.

The lift I bought sucked, it was the low end 3.5' lift so I didn't expect Lexus comfort, but it was horrible. Then the shocks blew out, well all but one, from one mild trip wheeling (and yes I did have the proper bump stops). While all this was happening I had a set of bumper end caps on order. After a 2 weeks I hadn't had any update on shipping so I called their Customer service, horrible...just plain horrible. I was told friday they would ship...friday come; nothing. Called back....oh there's a mix up...for sure next friday you will have them....Friday come, same thing...call again on Monday and get..oh I have no idea now....so I cancelled my order and vowed to the gods to never buy anything from RC again.

It took less than a year for the springs to sag and loose almost an inch of lift....their stuff is crap, or at least everything I had from them was crap.

pastorwug

Very few companies have decent Customer service any more. Many businesses make you feel like they're doing you a favor to even speak to you., and it seems the more expensive their stuff is the more arrogant they become.

Whatever a persons sows, that he will also reap. (I've heard that somewhere)

jeffd

to play the devil's advocate 5 months have passed so most companies would probably say the same thing. A great company might make it right just because it was the cool thing to do but I bet most would not after 5 months.

Unlimited

Yeah 5 months I know..... But damn being the 4th order to correct you'd think they would go"shit we FD up 3x well make it right".

I will NOT buy from them again. Used to buy a lot but never again. I've been treated very well by POLY, BALLISTIC, ARTEC,PSC. Never really any issues and if there were it was corrected instantly with no crap and shorty attitude.

Them acting like its a treat to be able to talk to them is exactly right. It's like it's the other way around with those DK heads.

Okay I gave up wont even try so I got the JKS ones. :beer:

Top Bottom