EVO DTD & Long arm kit

Can someone give me an estimate on what a shop should charge to install the EVO Double Throwdown (F&R) along with the EVO high clearance long arm kit?

I was quoted almost $4k. It seems high to me but, I thought I would ask to be sure.

BBrown626

Just a quick estimate without having installed that kit, but drooled over it a few times...I'd swag about 24-36 hours. Before spending $4k I would get quotes from 2-3 shops. Can you do the work yourself?

Thanks everyone. It is a set price from a reputable shop. I just wanted to make sure they were in the ballpark.

I have never paid anyone to install a lift in the past (pickups & Jeeps). I have a shop and welder but, I guess the install price just gave me a little bit of sticker shock. I only have so much vacation time so, I think I am going to pay someone to do it this time.

Thanks again for the replies.

BBrown626

sounds about right. I would get it as a set price for install and not a quote though.

A quote can be a set price and not an estimated cost. You are referring to a firm fixed price quote vice time and materials. I would get FFP. If they won't do that then they are not confident in the estimate and want you to have all the risk.

jkjurny

Seems like a lot to me. I paid $2,600 for my Teraflex Long-Arm installation. And that's here in San Francisco/Bay Area where labor prices are crazy.

Is the Evo long arm that much harder and longer to install?

Moochie

Seems like a lot to me. I paid $2,600 for my Teraflex Long-Arm installation. And that's here in San Francisco/Bay Area where labor prices are crazy.

Is the Evo long arm that much harder and longer to install?

His quote includes labor for the Double Throw Down also.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I got a quote last week from ORE and with the high clearance long arm and DTD & Lever rear its about right. I can't compare exactly because of some special things I asked to include.

Top Bottom