Morning startup.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 2door jk. When I first start my jeep after sitting for a day or all night and then start to drive it lugs for a mile or two until it warms up. Does anyone else experience this? I know years ago a car needed a few minutes to warm up before you could drive but new car I haven't needed to warm it up. I really didn't notice this until they replaced my cylinder head.any help would be great.... Thankyou.:confused::thumbup::D

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't have any problems with mine. Even if I let it sit for a week and don't drive it, it still goes just fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm starting to be really glad I didn't trade in my 2010, haven't experienced any of the odd things the 11-13's I read on here

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I wondering if they screwed something up when they did the heads. Seem like this jk has a lot of issues, even when I press down on brake pedal it makes clicking sound but not all the time just here and there. Frustrated.:banghead:

jeeeep

Hooked
if you're still under warranty I'd take it in and get it repaired. I've read a few posts where there are cylinder issues (starts with clicking noise) and heating issues under load - heads not done right to allow proper coolant flow

dahreno

Banned
You haven't gained weight have you ? Just kidding of course . I agree with every one , bring it in to the dealer .

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Actually I did gain some weight dam...lol, yes I agree going to take in on Monday. I also noticed a smell like clutch burning but it'd a automatic. Hmmm.:banghead::banghead::(

mrmet1983

I'm starting to be really glad I didn't trade in my 2010, haven't experienced any of the odd things the 11-13's I read on here

Most of these odd things are people just being paranoid and the 3.6L shits on the 3.8

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Also, I have to remember from a year age my jeep was resurrected from the dead. I know some remember my jeep after my big rig tire took out everything from my windshield forward. Hard to say why its being stubborn but I never notice this last issue until after the head replacement. Hmm. See what the deal says....:)
But I still love the jeep and power it has wouldn't change that.:D

metaldemon

Mine acts jerky when it is cold. The throttle seems overly sensitive. It goes away as soon as it warms up. Fly by wire electronics are most likely the cause. It is most likely running as lean as they can get away with. Carbarated engines just gave it more fuel when adjusted properly.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Dropped off jeep this morning, dealer called said need to keep over night to work on tomorrow having trouble figuring put the problems...:(

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So dealer called and said they can't find the problem....:confused:

StrizzyChris

if you're still under warranty I'd take it in and get it repaired. I've read a few posts where there are cylinder issues (starts with clicking noise) and heating issues under load - heads not done right to allow proper coolant flow

Mine had no warning at all and around 2k miles

yep it's faster but if it no goes, it doesn't really matter does it...sensitive.... lol

Agreed, I don't miss my 07 slug.... but I do miss not having to worry about reliability. I'm just worried about issues that arise once the warranty is up :grayno:

Top Bottom