Fender trim

Millerj87

So a while ago I trimmed my fenders and trim them with cheap door trim from amazon, long story short after replacing the one that keep coming off goin down the road- my question is where did y'all get your adhesive door trim?

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Atch

I bought mine at O'reilly's, I've had good luck with mine except for the one I keep bashing into stuff👍

Millerj87

Awesome think that's what I'm lookin for hey another question while on the topic do your fenders flutter a little on the highway?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Awesome think that's what I'm lookin for hey another question while on the topic do your fenders flutter a little on the highway?

Grab some thick 3M double sided tape (the heavy duty stuff). Clean the area between the underside of th fender and the top of the supports. Slap some of that 3M between the two and voila, no more flutter.

JAGS

Hooked
Grab some thick 3M double sided tape (the heavy duty stuff). Clean the area between the underside of th fender and the top of the supports. Slap some of that 3M between the two and voila, no more flutter.

I'll second this. :thumb: No flutter at all on mine. 3/4 inch wide tape in the heavy duty 3m. That's what I happened to find at Home Depot. Been 3-4 months or so and still holding strong even through multiple washings.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'll second this. :thumb: No flutter at all on mine. 3/4 inch wide tape in the heavy duty 3m. That's what I happened to find at Home Depot. Been 3-4 months or so and still holding strong even through multiple washings.

Just make sure some JAGS-off doesn't feel compelled to walk up to your fender and pull up on it to test the adhesion and actually yank it off. 😉

JAGS

Hooked
Just make sure some JAGS-off doesn't feel compelled to walk up to your fender and pull up on it to test the adhesion and actually yank it off. 

:cheesy:
Oh, was that me??? :doh: I'll bring you some of what I used. It will withstand 85mph and a pinky finger ;)

Millerj87

Cool thanks guys! I was afraid I'd lose a fender on the highway there was a waterspout nearby creating heAvy wind my hood and fenders looked like they were gonna fly away!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I got mine at pep boys and haven't had an issue. Only when it was really hot shortly after I did it. I think after it cured it is better. I haven't had an issue since and it has been over 100 everyday for the past few weeks and my jeep sits outside at work.

Millerj87

Ok we'll I shouldn't have an issue either it stays hot here all day and night and its always out haha garage full of shit

Just put a bead on super glue in yours and it will stay. I got my trim from o'reillys also with adhesive and I still had to use a lil super glue in some places

Top Bottom