Bounciness in jeep...tires?

In5ane1

I have a 2013 jku with 4 k miles. I have put 33's on it from my previous 2 door ( hankook dynapro mt's 8 ply). They are worn a lil more in the middle on one or two of the tires.

Symptoms are:

A little steering wheel shimmy at maybe 30-35...and very light what I would call bounciness. I feel it slightly in steering column..but mostly in seat. When I get on highway the feeling increases. I feel nothing on the gas pedal just smooth. But I feel like I'm being constantly jarred from my seat. And you can see the car seat in rear vibrating so to speak. Does this kind like tires?

I recently installed a 2.5 lift. But I'm almost confident its a non issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

After the lift were you still on your stock tires without any of these issues?

Same tires..they have never been smooth...but are mt's. This was longest trip I've been on. 1 hr one way.

Atch

Did u drive the jeep after u lifted it but before the 33's? How else would you know for sure it's not a result of the lift install?

In5ane1

The wheels and tires were put on day i bought it without lift. Today I have drove it further than normal so I probably noticed it more. Tires were a lil rough on 2 Dr too. Is this tire symptoms?

Army_Vet

Banned
Guess your are saying the after market wheels might not be fully seated? I'll check. The dealership put the tires on.

if everything else is good, and the wheels were balanced well. this is where i would check... not a bad place to start

In5ane1

Seems a lil more intense at higher speeds. I'm thinking need balanced maybe. Just curious if these sounded like tire issues. I really want AT's now ha!!!

In5ane1

Best way I can describe it is if you were to take a basketball and bounce it only an inch from the floor over and over. You would get a frequent up and down bounce or vibration. It's similar in nature. I feel that in driver seat and jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
do the tires have any bubble anywhere? look on the inside sidewall as well.

if they are balanced and your shocks are good (no loose bolts) it's possible the plys may have a separation.

In5ane1

Don't see bubbles and they may be due a balance. Just wondering about how it was acting. I thought unbalanced tires would only present itself in a certain range. But also makes sense if one or two is unbalanced that the faster you go, the more steady the bounce or vibe.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Best way I can describe it is if you were to take a basketball and bounce it only an inch from the floor over and over. You would get a frequent up and down bounce or vibration. It's similar in nature. I feel that in driver seat and jeep.

You need to check your Track bar and make sure both ends (axle side and frame side) are properly torqued to 125 ft lbs. I recently had a bouncing issue and this was the cause of my problem. Your issue sounds very similar.

After re-torquing everything it's back to normal. I think it loosened up after a big weekend at an ORV park.

In5ane1

You need to check your Track bar and make sure both ends (axle side and frame side) are properly torqued to 125 ft lbs. I recently had a bouncing issue and this was the cause of my problem. Your issue sounds very similar.

After re-torquing everything it's back to normal. I think it loosened up after a big weekend at an ORV park.

Will check...the for heads up.

Top Bottom