90 xj no spark from plugs

crowrb29

Buddies xjs isn't getting a spark and he just replaced all the plugs. Is there any common fix that he is just overlooking?

UtahJK

Did he have spark before changing the plugs? Maybe he just knocked the wire that goes from the coil to the distributor cap loose...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
^^^ this. Check for loose wires. If yet are not seated all the way onto the plugs it will not create a spark. Also check the wire from the started to the distributer cap. Been having an issue with my boat the last few weeks where it's not turning over. Once I pull the wire from the starter to the D cap, give both ends a blow, and reset the wire on snuggly it turns right over

Sent from my iPhone

UtahJK

^^^ this. Check for loose wires. If yet are not seated all the way onto the plugs it will not create a spark. Also check the wire from the started to the distributer cap. Been having an issue with my boat the last few weeks where it's not turning over. Once I pull the wire from the starter to the D cap, give both ends a blow, and reset the wire on snuggly it turns right over

Sent from my iPhone

I'm pretty sure there is no wire from the distributor cap to the starter on xjs.

Top Bottom