Mopar

WaffenRFD

So I have been looking at lift after lift trying to figure out what lift would be the best for what I want to do and what I really like and for some reason I keep coming back to the Mopar Stage 3 lift with fox shocks terraflex speedbumps it seems like a great lift all in one everything you might want in a lift my question to you guys is is it everything someone is going to need in a 3" lift it says on mopar that you dont have to worry about driveline and re-allignment is that true with this lift? Im new to this all and just want to do the right thing once lifts and those 35's are not cheap! Here is a link to the lift for those who have not heard of it http://www.teraflex.biz/mopar-stage-3-series-3-lift-kit.html thanks for the help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I have been looking at lift after lift trying to figure out what lift would be the best for what I want to do and what I really like and for some reason I keep coming back to the Mopar Stage 3 lift with fox shocks terraflex speedbumps it seems like a great lift all in one everything you might want in a lift my question to you guys is is it everything someone is going to need in a 3" lift it says on mopar that you dont have to worry about driveline and re-allignment is that true with this lift? Im new to this all and just want to do the right thing once lifts and those 35's are not cheap! Here is a link to the lift for those who have not heard of it http://www.teraflex.biz/mopar-stage-3-series-3-lift-kit.html thanks for the help!

this kit has no front adjustable track bar and that's something that you'd want with 3" of lift. a draglink flip/front track bar relocation kit might be a better option but that's not included either. none of the control arms are adjustable and that would prevent you from dialing in your caster or rear pinion angle which IS something you would need to do if you have a 2-door (new rear driveshaft would be needed at that height). while the shocks are nice, the speed bumps are nothing more than foam in a tube and so not worth the steep price tag.

honestly, for how little you get, this is a really expensive kit and i might recommend something else.

WaffenRFD

this kit has no front adjustable track bar and that's something that you'd want with 3" of lift. a draglink flip/front track bar relocation kit might be a better option but that's not included either. none of the control arms are adjustable and that would prevent you from dialing in your caster or rear pinion angle which IS something you would need to do if you have a 2-door (new rear driveshaft would be needed at that height). while the shocks are nice, the speed bumps are nothing more than foam in a tube and so not worth the steep price tag.

honestly, for how little you get, this is a really expensive kit and i might recommend something else.

Thanks for the input looks like I will be taking my Jeep to an offroad shop here in town the only nice thing is that lift does not cost me 2500 it only costs me 1600 with a discount I have, the dealership told me I wouldnt need a new driveshaft and the caster angle wasnt a problem glad I came here first there are so many options and opinions out there I just want to have as sturdy capable rig back to the drawing board :sigh:

JeepRubicon99787

Well, I hate to say it but I went for the kit and also purchased the front and rear adjustable TF - HD monster adjustable track bars. Cause both my front and rear diffs shifted.

I originally wanted the full traction lift kit but could not get a hold of that kit as no stocks where available.

Now I have a new issue of sudden annoying squeeking sound from the rear of my JK.

Mines a 2014 JK 2dr Rubicon, and after reading up on your write ups. I know I'm going to have to replace the front and rear drive shafts. Which I'm also stuck with which brand to go for this time round? On my last 02 Jeeps builds I went with woody shafts, 1310 and now I'm thinking of a different brand and maybe 1350 this time round, but as usual my challange is getting them shipped to me out here in the middle east.

The only 02 suppliers that have been helping me get parts from the states are quadratec or 4 wheel drive.

jeeeep

Hooked

hmmm that link is no longer working, as mentioned the speed bumps are too expensive for what they are. Also, when I was looking at other TF lifts during my research, they used cam bolts to retain stock arms - you don't want to go that route.

Here are a couple of options I would look at before buying - you can get Bilstein 5100 shocks or save a little more cash and go with the Rancho 9000 series...

Clayton Offroad 3.5" Entry level or the 3" Evo Enforcer (if you get the flip kit you won't need adjustable track bars). For your 2door you will probably need new drive shafts - not sure if only front or both. I have a 4 door and only needed the front. Compare the kits for what's included.

Northridge offers both kits and don't forget to try the WAYALIFE code, it works on some items so always worth a try to use it.

jeeeep

Hooked
Well, I hate to say it but I went for the kit and also purchased the front and rear adjustable TF - HD monster adjustable track bars. Cause both my front and rear diffs shifted.

I originally wanted the full traction lift kit but could not get a hold of that kit as no stocks where available.

Now I have a new issue of sudden annoying squeeking sound from the rear of my JK.

Mines a 2014 JK 2dr Rubicon, and after reading up on your write ups. I know I'm going to have to replace the front and rear drive shafts. Which I'm also stuck with which brand to go for this time round? On my last 02 Jeeps builds I went with woody shafts, 1310 and now I'm thinking of a different brand and maybe 1350 this time round, but as usual my challange is getting them shipped to me out here in the middle east.

The only 02 suppliers that have been helping me get parts from the states are quadratec or 4 wheel drive.

IMO if I had to chose I'd go with quadratec and go with JE Reel CV style not the OE/cv not sure how much lift you have but the OE style that uses the stock flange is good for up to 3" (from JE Reel)

JeepRubicon99787

IMO if I had to chose I'd go with quadratec and go with JE Reel CV style not the OE/cv not sure how much lift you have but the OE style that uses the stock flange is good for up to 3" (from JE Reel)

Well I have the mopar stage 3 which is 3" of lift.

I have been dealing with quadratec since 2003 and really happy with all there support since.

I'll see if I can get hooked up with JE Reel shafts. Thanks 😆

KingCopperhead

I'll throw my two cents in.

I run the mopar stage 3 lift on my 14 JK. It was already installed on the jeep when I purchased it.

The good.
Drives beautifully on the road, as long as you like a firm ride. It won't rattle your fillings out, but the body roll is minimal (for a lifted jk) the steering is responsive, and overall the ride is very comfortable. (as long as you're not expecting cadillac plushness.) Off road, It has not disappointed. Handles washed out green trails at a decent speed very well. Doesn't try to buck all over the place. Flexes well on rocks. So far it's done everything I've asked it to without complaint or breakage. The limit straps and exhaust spacers seem to keep the front DS from contacting the crossover pipe, after 7k miles and two off road trips to Rausch Creek, I haven't started slinging grease yet. (But I am aware that at some point the drive shafts both front and rear since I have a two door will need upgrading.)
Love the fox shocks, but the speed bumps are useless for the type of wheeling that I do.
For what it's worth, All of the wheeling done on this jeep was on the east coast. i'm a newbie rock crawler doing trails that I probably shouldn't be on just yet, but there's only one way to learn. Again, everyone's idea of "wheeling hard" varies.

The bad.
1. It's overpriced. Big time. Unless you get a deal, there's many other lifts out there that give you more bang for the buck.
2. No front track bar, no quick disconnects. I seriously had a wtf moment when I looked at the front endlinks and saw that they weren't a quick disco setup.

The variables.

If you have a very cool dealership, they will not give you shit about big tires and a lift if they install this lift. Mileage here can vary widely, but I've had my jeep in for a tranny problem, and vibration issues, and my service manager always covered my work, and told me that as long as the modifications I've done to the jeep don't cause the problem directly, then i'll be covered. (He's familiar with the magnusson moss act.)

All said and done. I wouldn't buy this lift again. It's not a bad lift, don't get me wrong, but I personally didn't know exactly what I wanted when I bought the jeep.

Over time I'll upgrade the control arms to evo and Springs to evo plus rides (not decided on 3 or 4") along with a mess of other parts. No big problems but it sucks to pay for something and know that eventually you're going to replace it. I've already added jks quick disconnects, and I have a drag link flip kit going on this week. When it's all said and done... The shocks and speed bumps will be all that's left really. Massive waste of money for me.

Like another poster mentioned... learning is part of the fun amirite?

Last edited:

KingCopperhead

The bad.
1. It's overpriced. Big time. Unless you get a deal, there's many other lifts out there that give you more bang for the buck.
2. No front track bar, no quick disconnects. I seriously had a wtf moment when I looked at the front endlinks and saw that they weren't a quick disco setup.
3. Cam bolts. Bleh

I'll have to deal with welding washers into the holes where the cam bolts were.

(times like this I really REALLY wish I'd installed my lift myself.) then I'd know that can bolts are only used to retain stock arms. Ugh. I'm relieved that my kit doesn't use them. But boy do I feel stupid.

Last edited:
That's not a bad kit. Bought /Installed yourself can save a lot of money. Fixed arms are used for caster. The only negative is there's no adjustability.... The positive. You won't be rebuilding joints every 15k :D

The bad for me with the kit, is the squeeking, drives me nuts hahahaha..

Where's it squeaking ? You try white lithium spray or maybe Fluid film?

Do you know if the installer tightened everything up with the suspension at droop ? If so ... It's Possible the rubber bushings have a preload on them causing squeaking.

JeepRubicon99787

I actually have an idea, I tried to record it today using my phone and actually share it via YouTube which might help. But do excuse the recoding as it's not the best and done using my phone

Top Bottom