Biggest tire for 14 JK Rubicon on stock wheels - Durartrak or Trail Grapplers

michaeldc46

Got a 14 JK Rubicon coming and want to swap out tires at delivery to handle snowy Michigan winters, but have some utility for mild off road use. Looking at GY Duratrak and Nitto Trail Grapplers in 285-70-17. Want the biggest tire for the stock wheels with no spacers (new wheels, 35's and lift later) and minimal trimming - really would prefer no rock rail trimming.

Advice/Suggestions please ..........

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Don't have a suggestion on tire size but the 1.5" wheel spacers give the jeep the look it should have had from the factory. They also allow you to run 35" tires on stock wheels (I think fender trimming required though).

Rccrwlr

I have 285/70/17 BFG AT's and they only rub on the sway bar at full lock. No lift or spacers yet

eba3emyv.jpg

Sent via Snow Flake in California

MTG

Caught the Bug
I first ran the Duratracs (315s) and then the Nittos (37s). While I bought the former for their touted snow performance I really couldn't tell much difference between the two in the snow. However, the sidewall durability is not even comparable. For that reason alone I would get the Nittos over the GYs.

StrizzyChris

You can fit 33's without COIL spacers, but almost any aftermarket 32-33" tire will be 10.5" wide at minimum up to 12.5". With that width you'll still want to run spacers.

bry71518

I have 33x12.5's on my stock 17 Rubicon wheels.

No rubbing body or flares... but I haven't adjusted the turn lock so I get rubbing on frame members at full turn.

Otherwise they fit!

Cooper sst's

jeffd

285/75-17 on stock rims look good. I have spacers but if you shim your steering stops you will be ok under most situations.
IMG_20131226_130821_742_zpsdafe1773.jpg

vinwittmann

I suggest saving the money and get the tires/wheels when you get a lift. I have nitto trail grapplers and absolutely love them.

Top Bottom