What Stops flex.

hoveyjk08

I recently put some longer shocks and springs in my 08 JK and I was wondering what factors limit "flex?"

I have stock drive shafts and control arms. Brake lines are extended. Skyjacker 8000s for shocks and rough country springs.

Thanks

seanb123

You can only flex as much room you have in the wheel well. Things like fenders and unseating springs will limit as well. Crazy amount of flex is not always good

Skirmish

On a properly built suspension your upward movement should be limited by your bumpstops. If they don't then you are hitting something you shouldn't be, usually bottoming out your shocks. Downward movement should be stopped when your shocks reach their full length or if they are too long for your springs to stay seated a limiting strap should stop travel. If it isn't a shock or a limiting strap stopping travel then, again, it becomes something that shouldn't stop it or a spring can fall out. It could be a brakeline, the driveshaft or control arms hitting a skid or exhaust but really it should be a shock.

bl17z90

With too much flex the stock bushings will just blow out faster is what I have seen people mention.

Top Bottom