Ignition and Dash Illumination wires - Need help finding them

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I am installing an ARB Twin Air compressor and need to pickup an ignition wire and a dash illumination wire from under the dash somewhere.

Does anyone have experience with locating those two wires? Thanks in advance!

miguel250r

Not a 100% sure but I think the only save source of key switch power is Ur left 12v power plug in by Ur t-case shifter as for dash lights Idk

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

greggnj

I got my switched power from the 12v accessory plug (on right-only one I have) and the dash light from the power mirror control. Don't remember what color wire but you can find it with a test light.

miguel250r

I got my switched power from the 12v accessory plug (on right-only one I have) and the dash light from the power mirror control. Don't remember what color wire but you can find it with a test light.

They must of switched for different years my key switch outlet is on the left side

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Might have to run a relay from the plug to compressor

I shouldn't need a relay. The ARB came with a switch and a wiring harness. I just have to tie into the ignition and dash lights with the supplied harness

That sounds like a good place to tie in. I'll take a look in the am. :beer:

greggnj

They must of switched for different years my key switch outlet is on the left side

Just curious, do you have two outlets?
The power mirrors might be the difference. I would like to add another outlet, maybe on the back of the console so the kids could use it on trips.

(Sorry for the threadjack)

miguel250r

Ya I have 2 outlets under the a/c controls and I don't have power mirrors my jeep is a 07

Top Bottom