98 TJ Control arm question

Tackerdown

Banned
Thanks in advance with any insight.
My son bought a 98 tj with a rough country 2.5" lift and decided to replace his control arms. What we did was made the lower fronts 3/8" longer and the uppers we should have made slightly shorter to correct the caster. The thing that concerned me was that I needed a 2 foot pipe wrench to rotate the axle to get the bolt in. Question - was there something I should have removed or did that would have made this easier. I did remove his sway disc. :idontknow:

pvanweelden

Did you leave the uppers connected while changing the lowers? I don't think that needing a big ass wrench to rotate the axle is uncommon. But did you happen to measure the caster angle before and after?
I did adjustable upper and lowers, brought the lowers out an inch, and I think the uppers were brought out 3/8 compared to the stock arms, I could go measure them if you want

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tackerdown

Banned
I did change the lowers first at 3/8". I don't think they really needed changed at all with his 2.5" lift but he did the research and I helped him. and I didn't check his drive shaft before hand but after we had a 5.5 deg. on the shaft. I think he said stock was 7 deg. and if you run 35's you should set it to 4 deg to 5 deg.

Top Bottom