Rusty's offroad lift kits

crowrb29

Anyone had any experience running one. Good pricing and made in the USA. Someone I was talking to today was ranting and raving about them, really had nothing negative to say, aside from them being stiff.

JandSJK

I ran there short arms on my Grand Cherokee a few years back. The were good quality and held up well while I had it. No experience with other products of theirs

°IIIIIII°

FrankenJeeper

I live a short distance away from Rusty's and have had a few opportunities to your their faculty, as well as a few of my friends working there. I have helped install one of their long arm kits and I have one of their front bumpers. I actually took my students from school on a field trip their last year. From my experience with Rusty's, they have a good setup and good parts. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378784075.439772.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I live a short distance away from Rusty's and have had a few opportunities to your their faculty, as well as a few of my friends working there. I have helped install one of their long arm kits and I have one of their front bumpers. I actually took my students from school on a field trip their last year. From my experience with Rusty's, they have a good setup and good parts. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

View attachment 48370

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Who's the gentleman in the corduroys, and what size tires is that beast running?

FrankenJeeper

Who's the gentleman in the corduroys, and what size tires is that beast running?

None other than yours truly,

and I believe 42's.

it has roughly 6 inches of lift, Rusty's long arms, Rusty's bumpers, custom cage, RIPP supercharger, RockJock 60's, and the tires are BFG KM2's in I believe 42".

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

10frank9

Web Wheeler
None other than yours truly,

and I believe 42's.

it has roughly 6 inches of lift, Rusty's long arms, Rusty's bumpers, custom cage, RIPP supercharger, RockJock 60's, and the tires are BFG KM2's in I believe 42".

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

42's wow that's a lot of tire. Look like 20" wheels too. Didn't realize BFG made the Km2s in that size.

crowrb29

Is their 2 inch worth buying? All it has as shocks and springs. I don't want to go a whole lot higher cuz I don't want to have to change a whole bunch of shit out.

FrankenJeeper

Is their 2 inch worth buying? All it has as shocks and springs. I don't want to go a whole lot higher cuz I don't want to have to change a whole bunch of shit out.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy their 2" kit. Everyone has their own opinions, but I believe they sell a quality product.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

FrankenJeeper

42's wow that's a lot of tire. Look like 20" wheels too. Didn't realize BFG made the Km2s in that size.

It's a sweet rig.

Their showroom is jam packed with built up jeeps, mostly TJ's and Cherokees and a few odd buggies.

The Jeep that was built on extreme 4x4 several years ago, with the CJ8 aluminum tub and the CJ7 hard top, is there as well.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

OJK12

I have their 2" kit and I'm really pleased with it. I think it rides nice and flexes well. For the money I think it's a decent kit.

OJK12

Also wondering that, and whether or not your running the coil 2 in or the spacer 2 in.

I got 2.5" on my 2dr. They said a 4dr was only 2". I'm only running their coil springs. No additional spacers. It sits level just as is.

OJK12

How heavy is your rig? Aftermarket bumpers? Winch? Hardtop?

I don't have lots of extra weight. It doesn't make sense to me to weight it down like that. I have a rough country hybrid front bumper that weighs the same as stock, factory rear bumper, synthetic winch line, I keep it as light as I can.

aaronstephen

I don't have lots of extra weight. It doesn't make sense to me to weight it down like that. I have a rough country hybrid front bumper that weighs the same as stock, factory rear bumper, synthetic winch line, I keep it as light as I can.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom