favorite Tube doors

Jkrubcon

Post here your favorite tube doors, pros, cons and brand names-lets hear it!

Last edited:

RDE2ROK

I have the OR-FAB rock doors, I use them more than my full size doors. There great out wheelin as you can see thru them easily and they make a great arm rest. Just my :twocents:

Jkrubcon

RDE2ROK said:
I have the OR-FAB rock doors, I use them more than my full size doors. There great out wheelin as you can see thru them easily and they make a great arm rest. Just my :twocents:

Would you buy them again or look around?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i have both the rancho and or-fab tube doors. both are nice and look great but if i had to choose, i would go with the rancho as they accomodate your factory mirrors with ease and are easier to operate.

main.php

main.php

here's a shot of the or-fab doors. i didn't like the mirror option they had and so i tried fashioning my own - it worked just okay...

main.php

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^I know you don't have Nemo anymore, but I was thinking it would be pretty easy to mount mirrors to the cage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
^^^I know you don't have Nemo anymore, but I was thinking it would be pretty easy to mount mirrors to the cage.

you know, you probably could. still have the tube doors... maybe i'll have to give that a try once we get rubicat caged up.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
wayoflife said:
you know, you probably could. still have the tube doors... maybe i'll have to give that a try once we get rubicat caged up.

With a strong enough magnetized base, you could even just stick 'em to the metal panel part of the cage on the sides of the dash. Hell, you could probably even mount the stockers there if you got creative with the hardware.

DA RUNT

I use the Smittybilt tube doors. Been real happy with them. No rattle, good looks and pretty rugged. Plus it has a bracket for the stock mirror.

ForumRunner_20120531_104626.jpg

newtdog

I just bought the Rugged Ridge tube doors and I'm happy with them. I chose these because I like the look of them and I got a killer deal on Ebay.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just purchased a set of beststop Element setup so I curious if they are rattley or pretty sound

they are sound and i actually like them alot. i especially like the fact that you can get skins for them making them into half doors.

snopro

Banned
wayoflife said:
they are sound and i actually like them alot. i especially like the fact that you can get skins for them making them into half doors.

I found my doors are kinda rattlely. It appears the part of the latch mechanism travels to far upward that allows movement of doors.
Here I did a temporary fix using a few of the shipping parts that come with the doors and have a few ideas to improve it.

Attachments

• image-2017232223.jpg
    image-2017232223.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 224
  • image-4220464579.jpg
    image-4220464579.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 226

snopro

Banned
My painted matched panels are in route , so I'm waiting until they arrive and then start modifying the latch mechanism

jcopel

I use the Smittybilt tube doors. Been real happy with them. No rattle, good looks and pretty rugged. Plus it has a bracket for the stock mirror.

Thanks for starting this thread. I ordered the Olympic Safari doors, because they were cheap (around $320 shipped for 4), but just canceled the order because it had already been a month and I did not have them yet. I just came across these Smitybilts, and I think I'm going to go with them now. They told me mid-June before they ship and they are about $500 for 4 of them. Glad to see a positive review out here for them.
My doors have been off since the week before Memorial Day and I plan to leave it that way til Labor Day at least.

snopro

Banned
Anyone interested in a set of bestop element doors with painted skins and uppers I'd be willing to sell them. I'm not impressed with the fit and finish at all. Ran then a year now and want to go back to stock doors and carry a set of rugged ridge plastic halves with.

NOPULP13

I just got my Body Armor 4x4 Front Trail Doors in the mail yesterday as the snow storm hit us here in NJ just opened the box didnt take them out yet but they are very heavy I went with these over the bestop doors because i had the bestop doors on my tj and loved them but the set for the jk didnt look right to me

@snowpro I had the rattle with my TJ as well with the bestop doors best way to fix it put a lil bit of electrical tape on the loop where the latch grabs the jeep quieted mine down lots the problem with the tj was if u slammed the door or someone didnt know would close them to hard the latch is weak and would bend not allowing the slider to engage big PITA thats also why i went with the body armors.

one last thing anyone running these body armors? Their mirror kit is like 130ish but it looks like a TJ mirror I can pick up a set of those new for 80 or used on craigs for 50 but want to know if they do in fact fit?

Wittys-JK

I have been running the Smitty's for a while and my only regret is not having a skin or someway of covering them up (working on a home brew now). They are solid doors and I added my own aftermarket mirrors so I could keep my stockers on my doors.
dsc00196 (1024x850).jpg

Top Bottom