Leaking Freedom tops

Dennis

How many owners are dealing with their freedom tops leaking at the driver and passenger front corners? I bet there are alot of us! Come on Jeep WTF.

PilotJK

Yup, happened to me too. It was bad enough where I would find a 1 inch puddle in the footwell. Since it was still under warranty I brought it to the dealer. They replaced the seals for the doors and freedom top. Problem solved. I haven't had any excessive leaks since then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bonehead

I haven't had mine out since I bought my JK and don't leak......... I think I will just leave them in now, I did buy a hard top for a reason;) but was considering taking them out since it has cooled off around here.
Oh well LOL in they stay :bleh:

Rccrwlr

How many owners are dealing with their freedom tops leaking at the driver and passenger front corners? I bet there are alot of us! Come on Jeep WTF.

Our 08' has no leaks. Had the tops off a lot in sunny CA

Sent via Snow Flake in California

jeeeep

Hooked
when you take the tops off and then put them back on couple of things to keep in mind:
check the weather stripping - I noticed after some time off in the heat, the stripping on mine shifted slightly, guess it didn't get glued all the way. I just make sure it's all in place and sitting where it should be.

Also, if you out the interior long bolt back on, don't make it too tight. too tight makes the front of the panel lift up a bit. I leave mine off, no issues in 3 years

Dennis

Dont do this, dont do that, leave them on, watch out if they are off to long. Anybody mabey considering a F/U design?

I have had this issue as well. Seems like theres quite a bit these jeeps can do but shouldnt be done because itll cause more problems... maybe thats just my jeep. Love my jeep though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

bl17z90

Wasnt this talked about before? Something to do with the windshield not being perfectly straight?

LeJerk

It's been raining hard off and on here in Colorado and we've had a lot of flooding. In all that my hard top leaked a bit.

Is there an official guide to making sure the freedon top is fitting correctly? Like from Chrysler?

Also, is there a spray or lube that can make the rubber seal better?

Briguy114

Make sure that you aren't tightening the screws that go through the sound bar too tight. This will cause the front of the freedom panels to lift up a little bit. Also make sure that the rubber seals towards the windshield are not folded.

xtremefx4

I just thought it was normal that they leak? My leak from the sides and in the middle. I don't ever put the screws in them. Cause I take them off a lot. So i should take to the dealer to see if they can fix the problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUMMY

I had my drivers side top replaced do to a gallon of water inside of it but it didn't leak inside

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dennis

The hollow portion of your top filled up? WOW Great potable water source. My leak just causes mildew and rust.

Top Bottom