Opinion on the 2012 JKU Rubicon

Chrysler is in the process of buying back my 2011 JKU Rubi because they cannot fix water leaks that are coming down the A pilar an flowing on the floorboard on the front passenger and driver side. I know people say its a Jeep, but I can handle a drip every now and then but now puddles. This being said, I am looking for some feed back on the 2012 JKU with the 3.6 Pentastar engine. With all that I have heard concerning the head problems is ti worth the trade? Don't want to get stuck if it is going to be a problem I might as well stay with the leaking JKU.

Thanks for any input

TX_JK

I have just about 6,500 miles on my 2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon. My jeep came with both hard top and soft top. I have not had the soft top on my jeep yet which i believe is when most of the water issues are occuring on previous year model JK's based on what i've read.

I have not not had any issues with leaking when the hard top is on. I've had the front section of my hard top off many times and when i put them back on and it rains i have no water inside.

But i will state for the record that i am concerned what will happen if i decide to put the door surrounds on and use my soft top. Hopefully there will be no issues.

I do find it extremely disturbing that Chrysler has to buy your JK back because they can't figure out how to keep water from coming into the cabin. You'd think they would have some Jeep design engineers looking at this issues. Its obviously a common complaint.

Good luck.

BigRedRubicon

I have a 2012 JJUR w/ about 7000 miles. Never had a leak with my hard top or my 2010 soft top on it. I kept the soft top from a trade in. Never had a leak with either top on that Jeep either. I've been in some pretty serious rainstorms too here in East Tennessee.

Top Bottom