How to remove interior panels.

6string

I am trying to add a rocker switch for a ARB Compressor. I would like to mount it along with the swithes in front of the shifter. I don't want to damage the paneles but have no idea how to get them off. I think that pop off, but I am not sure. I could use some help... Thank you all, this is a great place to get help... PS: This is a 2012 JK 2 door Rubicon... That may help... :)

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
6string said:
I am trying to add a rocker switch for a ARB Compressor. I would like to mount it along with the swithes in front of the shifter. I don't want to damage the paneles but have no idea how to get them off. I think that pop off, but I am not sure. I could use some help... Thank you all, this is a great place to get help... PS: This is a 2012 JK 2 door Rubicon... That may help... :)

If you are talking about the one with the netting it just pulls out. At least mine did anyway.

kaptkrappy

If you are talking about the one with the netting it just pulls out. At least mine did anyway.

Like MTG said, It does just pop out, kinda.
Start by prying a little opening at the top of the panel (I used a plastic knife so it wouldn't scratch) so you can get your fingers behind the panel and pop the four plastic push pins loose (see photo). It didn't take much force.
Next you have to pull up on the panel to release the two plastic claw type hooks at the bottom of the panel (see photo). This took a pretty good tug, but it came out undamaged.
Getting it back in was easy. I had to use the plastic knife again to help guide the two bottom hooks into position and then just pushed the four top clips in.
I hope this helps.

Dash Net Panel med.jpg Dash Net Removed med.jpg

6string

Start by prying a little opening at the top of the panel (I used a plastic knife so it wouldn't scratch) so you can get your fingers behind the panel and pop the four plastic push pins loose (see photo). It didn't take much force.
Next you have to pull up on the panel to release the two plastic claw type hooks at the bottom of the panel (see photo). This took a pretty good tug, but it came out undamaged.
Getting it back in was easy. I had to use the plastic knife again to help guide the two bottom hooks into position and then just pushed the four top clips in.
I hope this helps.

View attachment 2431 View attachment 2432

Thank you.. This is a lot of help, Great place for help ...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what they said. a trim panel tool will help to make this job easier but, it's not necessary.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I hope this helps.

View attachment 2431 View attachment 2432

Good write up! Listen to Kaptkrappy and WOL and ignore me. I pretty much just yanked on the mesh-string-thingy it it came out. :cheesy:

Top Bottom