fall is at our doors!

Holeshot

Banned
So, yesterday morning, Fall has defenitely arrived, summer's over. :ahhh-what: :furious3:

It was like 28F, the jeep windows were frosted, houses tops were all white, and there was a lot of fog on the lake, so much I had to stop by and snap some pictures before I get to work.

Holeshot

Banned
I would like the weather to be like that here too! Winter is soo freaking cold here and we have too much snow to wheel, so the only fun you can get is going out when a storm hits the region and search for stuck people and sling/winch them out of snow banks :grayno:

Holeshot

Banned
on a side note i love your window sticker......where did you get it:beer:

my windshield sticker?

It is custom by pixeldecals.com, costs me around 35$. You can ask Don, he could make one for you as well, just send him a picture, I suppose he still have the proof with the right dimensions.

proof_v1.jpg

JKU EXTREME

Atleast where y'all live there are seasons, where I live our Winter is a cool 85, at best 65, so you can imagine what our Fall temperatures are like

BBrown626

Fall? I burnt my feet stepping out onto the concrete to stoke the smoker! It has been very hot here. We have had several days over 100 in the last two weeks.
It will soon be a comfortable 80 again though and I look forward to it.

Holeshot

Banned
Atleast where y'all live there are seasons, where I live our Winter is a cool 85, at best 65, so you can imagine what our Fall temperatures are like

Fall? I burnt my feet stepping out onto the concrete to stoke the smoker! It has been very hot here. We have had several days over 100 in the last two weeks.
It will soon be a comfortable 80 again though and I look forward to it.

Let me say that I would much appreciate winter with your climate than mine.

Try to figure out, having to shovel that god damn snow for around 6 months, stack like 6-7 feets of snow in front of the house, freezing your ass every time you sit in your jeep at -20 to -40F (I don't have heated seat, on my to do list though!).

just to give you an idea of last winter.. usualy, the grass is street level, you can't clearly see on these pics, but if I park my jeep in the street, I could barely see the top.

2013-02-10 14.45.56.jpg 2013-02-10 14.48.31.jpg

Last edited:

JKU EXTREME

Try to figure out, having to shovel that god damn snow for around 6 months, stack like 6-7 feets of snow in front of the house, freezing your ass every time you sit in your jeep (I don't have heated seat, on my to do list though!).

just to give you an idea of last winter..

View attachment 49790 View attachment 49791

Well I would like colder, just not that much snow

BBrown626

Try to figure out, having to shovel that god damn snow for around 6 months, stack like 6-7 feets of snow in front of the house, freezing your ass every time you sit in your jeep at -20 to -40F (I don't have heated seat, on my to do list though!).

just to give you an idea of last winter.. usualy, the grass is street level, you can't clearly see on these pics, but if I park my jeep in the street, I could barely see the top.

View attachment 49790 View attachment 49791

Snow is the reason I am "from Michigan" and don't plan to go back. I can see lots of snow on the nearby mountains if desired.

Holeshot

Banned
yesterday, I had nothing to do, so I went exploring a little with the GF, and found a nice little spot and took some nice fall scene pictures. This is an old ski slope, that was active in like in the 50's and 60's when my parents were young.

Evilidea

No pics yet maybe this weekend but the High Uintas' just got covered in snow and more forecasted for wed-thur. Snow wheeling here I come!

Evilidea

IMG_0156.jpg IMG_0159.jpg waya.jpg

Most of the snow melted except the peaks, forecast calls for snow wed-fri down to 7000' though which is as low as my house is so...:rock:

Edit: Most of these pics were taken between 9-10k ft.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
JKU EXTREME aint kidding. Texas fall/winter is bipolar as fawk. One day it'll be 86* and the next it'll be 35* to 40*

I'm looking forward to it though. It snowed last year out here in north west Texas, I'm secretly wishing it will again cause I didn't have a Wrangler last year when it snowed :brows:

Top Bottom