Building your Dream Jeep

Dashyl

Not sure if this is the right thread, please move it accordingly!!

Hi everyone!! :standing wave: I've owned a jeep for about a year now, I've wanted a jeep since I could drive but because of my funds (lack of a job/school/etc.) I was never able to afford one. Now that I have one I'M NEVER GOING BACK!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA.... I mean...

Ok I'm done ranting, ever since I saw EVO 1/Moby/Etc. I've wanted to build my very own "Monster". I've done my research, but research isn't everything. Sometimes it takes personal experience from people that have been there to really understand what the do's and dont's are. Maybe this thread will help all of those that are looking to fund and build each of their very own "Monsters". Thanks for all the future advice!!!

Beyrgut

Before buying anything, figure out what your end game build is, then wait a month to see what changes. Any mods that didn't change are probably safe to buy:cheesy:. It's really hard to say since builds are never done and always changing but if you can determine a few absolutes, start there. For me I know 35s are the biggest tire I will run for the foreseeable future and sized my lift accordingly. Sure I want a coilover setup but cant justify the cost for the amount of wheeling and terrain I have to work with. At the same time I still "dream" of running PR60s and 40s :blush:.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is my dream Jeep.:yup:
Been there, done that, wanna do it again. Sigh!

I kinda hijacked the thread, sorry. It was a chance to travel down memory lane with Linebacker again. Best of luck building your dream.:thumb:
'48 CJ-2A.jpg

Before buying anything, figure out what your end game build is, then wait a month to see what changes. Any mods that didn't change are probably safe to buy:cheesy:. It's really hard to say since builds are never done and always changing but if you can determine a few absolutes, start there. For me I know 35s are the biggest tire I will run for the foreseeable future and sized my lift accordingly. Sure I want a coilover setup but cant justify the cost for the amount of wheeling and terrain I have to work with. At the same time I still "dream" of running PR60s and 40s :blush:.

Agree completely with beyrgut. Put a list together and then wait. I jumped too soon on mod and now I have to live it because SWMBO is not authorizing another same type mod. Still working on her but she is the boss with the check book. :yup:

Millerj87

Most importantly build your rig for your area and your type of offroading.. From my point of view it does nothing for me to build my rig to tackle the jkx while living in Florida- just don't need it but it does look cool! What I mean is here in my area I can tackle any terrain on 35's with minimal lift.. Not sure if this helps you?

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Top Bottom